Chapter 1 : Flashback [beginning]

There was an orphanage in the Bailing district, in Shanghai. It was a very remote village, authorities seldom pay any attention to them. That's way it's almost run down now. The orphanage is going to be closed. This news was like a thunder to many children,  specially the grown up ones. Because they grew up here,  they consider it as their home.

After the orphanage is closed, the children will be transferred to another orphanage who knows where, they'll probably get separated from each other. Everyone in the orphanage was getting busy, completing the formalities and all those stuff.

But at this crucial time, a couple happened to come to this almost closed orphanage. This attracted the attention of the kids, they only wished that they will be chosen.

Every other children were laughing and playing in the playground. The atmosphere seemed quite pleasant. But if one looked closer, they'll  notice a boy hiding behind a tree , sitting there all alone. His mood seemed to be down. In his hand, he held a little Teddy. He pulled one leg and then the other, he looked on with empty eyes.

This boy looked around 8 years old, in the orphanage,  being 8 years old is already old. Maybe because of his unkempt look and silence, couples didn't adopt him.

The name of this boy is Xiao zhan.  He doesn't even remember how he got his name , anyway he's called that. The Teddy is also his own belonging. His days in the orphanage can't be called good , because of his unresponsive nature , kids all liked to bully him. He tried to fight back one time and had to be punished heavily while others got away with it. Since then he started to act passive.

Speaking of the cheeky kids, one of them threw their football towards Zhan. The others also noticed him quickly and surrounded him. They began to mock him, saying that he likes to play with dolls like girls. Seeing Zhan not responding they got annoyed and started to hit him.

Zhan had a weak physique since young, so he couldn't take the beatings while staying all silent. He cried out in pain but he didn't call the teacher. He doesn't know why his teacher doesn't like him.

Just when Zhan thought he was going to die, he heard someone, "hey! Why are you bullying someone?"

Then after a while, the kids all were sitting on the ground dumbfounded. some even started crying. The owner of the voice, a good looking boy came close to Zhan and observed him for a while before taking Zhan's hand to pull him up. "Let's go, these boys are bad boys. Only knows how to bully!"

Zhan glanced at his hand that was grabbed and then at the back of the boy who kept on pulling him. But he couldn't walk because of the pain. The boy noticed Zhan's struggle belatedly and slowed down.

Finally, Zhan had the opportunity to see the face of the boy. He is very white and very cute. he looked innocent. He wore good new clothes that are expensive.

The boy looked at his hand that held the leg of the teddy , he asked curiously, " Why are you playing with this ugly toy? It's almost going to tear."

Zhan stayed silent. The boy also stayed silent. Then it became awkward. Finally, Zhan gathered enough courage to reply, " I like it."

Unexpectedly, the boy didn't call him a girl and stupid, instead he just nodded with a childish frown as he muttered, "is it that good?"

"What is your name?" The boy asked.

"Xiao...xiao Zhan."

"Wow , I like your name! My name is Wang Yibo. My parents brought me here today. They said they are going to find me a brother or a sister. Let's go, let's go."

Zhan didn't understand, why would he follow this boy named Wang Yibo. He doesn't know him.

Yibo dragged Zhan to the office where his parents were and declared, " Mom , dad , I choose him!"

The lady and her husband were shocked, Lisa, his mom said, " why did you choose him?"

"I like him."

The parents laughed and really adopted Xiao Zhan. Zhan still felt it was very sudden and absurd. When he was taken to the car, Yibo said to Zhan,  "In the future, I'll buy you a better teddy."

"Also! Later , when someone bullies you, hit them back ! If you can't then call me, I'll hit them hard so they'll not bully you again."

The parents at the front seat laughed at his playfulness.

Zhan nodded.

At that time, Zhan truly felt gratitude and admiration for the family of three. He wants to live with them for a longer period of time.

Little did he know, that he'll fall in love with the boy named Wang Yibo.