La Douleur Exquise ( ii )

Xiao Zhan sat behind the table. Someone opened the door of the bedroom unasked. Zhan didn't look up, only adjusting his glasses with his finger, his gaze was on the book he held in his hand.

The person who came is none other than his mother, not related by blood. She is a mixed race, combined with Chinese and foreign features she looked alluring and elegant.

Zhan asked calmly, in fluent English, "Has she calm down yet?"

His mother sighed lightly and shook her head. She felt helpless, spoke in British accent, "She is still crying. I don't know how to comfort her anymore."

His sister is just 13 years old and already broken in love. Zhan who is already 27 years old , smiled and shook his head to show his disapproval. " Mom , leave her alone for sometime. She'll be fine."

Zhan lifted his gaze to look at the gorgeous lady who looked like a painted figure from an western painting and said softly, " Feelings can't be forced out. Specially when they've accumulated for a long time. Comfort words don't help much. Let her vent by crying. She'll be okay , only needs time."

His mother, Lisa looked at him and gave him a light knock on his head , "You're still young , how are you so good in this aspect, hm ?"

Zhan ignored her , Lisa nagged, "I just wonder when you'll bring me a son-in-law."

Zhan still ignored her. In the end, she got chased away by Zhan. Before leaving, she laughed and told zhan, "Oh zhan, I forgot to tell you. Yibo is coming back to the country this Friday. "

Zhan froze hearing Yibo's name. After a while he revealed a gentle smile as usual and replied, "Oh , that's great."

Lisa felt that her son's reply was a bit odd. If it was 10 or so years ago, zhan would have jumped in joy hearing his brother return. But Lisa couldn't see anything other than momentary surprise. She thought, he has really grown up now. I wonder how Yibo that child , would react seeing this matured version of his dearest brother. Just the thought made her curious. She is also looking forward to see him again , even though she had video call with Yibo just half an hour ago.

After Lisa left, silence returned to the room. Zhan slumped down on his chair. For a long time he didn't move. After he came to his senses, he raised the book up and returned to the page he was looking at.

In the fold of the pages, appeared an old picture.

In the picture, there were two young boys standing together. In the picture Zhan and Yibo were around 17 , were still in high school. Zhan was laughing hard and Yibo's hand was on his head , messing his hairstyle with a mischievous youthful smirk.

Zhan traced his finger through the photo and fell into a deep thought once again. Unlike, his mother, father and sister , he haven't seen Yibo for 10 years, they didn't contact each other again after Yibo moved to study abroad.

"I'm good in this aspect because I've also fallen for someone. I've felt the la douleur exquise ."

He just hopes, when the time comes, he can still welcome the person with a smile and a hug and tell him, "Long time no see."