chapter 13 : departure

Zhan woke up the next day with a headache. It was late afternoon when he woke up. He looked left and right  and realised that it was his own room. He sighed in relief as he got up with difficulty and went to the washroom to freshen up.

He looked at the mirror , his face looks pale , his eyes looks sleepy, his lips look red. Zhan moved to take his toothbrush and then paused. Wait, red ? Zhan got closer to the mirror and Squinted at his face. His lips, they do look a little bit red , like he ate spicy food but he just woke up ah. Did he chew his lips in his sleep ? But he doesn't have this habit. Zhan scratched his head in confusion and finished washing up.

Then he got downstairs. He recalled what happened yesterday and felt shocked. He also felt sad and scared. He made such a mess. He is sure that mom will worry and dad will be angry. Before coming down, he prepared to face the anger of the old man.

When he came down through stairs, he saw mom was playing with little yixin while the maids worked here and there peacefully. Dad probably isn't home.

Lisa saw him and flashed a smile towards him, "You woke up? Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?"

"No..mom.."

"Don't lie. First time getting drunk so intensely,  you have a headache right? Xiao An , go make hangover soup for second young master."

Zhan stared at her with wide eyes. He began to doubt..does she know ?

"What are you standing there for ? Come here and sit with me."

Zhan obeyed her and sat down next to her. Little Yixin saw who came to sit and immediately spread her hands and legs to crawl over to him. Lisa laughed when she saw this. Zhan took little Yixin in his arms and then she quieted down as she rested her head on his chest. Seeing this cute reaction both Zhan and Lisa laughed.

"Don't move son. Let me take a picture of you. Yixin likes you so much ah , she even forgets her mother when she sees you."

"I like her too. She is a lovely little sister!" Zhan said as he faced the camera with a smile. He didn't forget to urge little Yixin to smile too, how ? He tickled her.

Lisa looked at the photo with emotions in her eyes. "You two look so good together. Worthy of being my son and daughter."

After Zhan took the soup and finished drinking it, evening slowly approached. He remembered something and asked Lisa, "Mom , isn't it a bit too quiet today? Where is Yibo? Did he return to school without me?"

Lisa hesitated for a moment before complaining, "That son of mine ! He is too impulsive,  how can he make such quick decision, I still can't belive it. He also didn't wait for you."

Zhan frowned and looked seriously at his mother. Feeling confused he asked , " What's the matter ? What did he do?"

"He left for America, saying he is going to study in a more high end school and graduate."

Zhan felt stupid , stunned , he sat there like a statue. He can't belive his ears. With wide opened eyes,  he looked at his mother , in hope, " You are not joking , right ?"

Lisa pursed her lips, she knew how close both of her sons are. No one knew better than her. She knows how much shocked and hurt Zhan is feeling right now. She also doesn't know why Yibo did this all of a sudden. How could he even have the heart to leave Zhan here to study alone when he loves zhan more than anything ?

They were eating breakfast when Yibo suddenly brought it up that he is moving to America. Both Lisa and his father objected to this but yibo stubbornly held on. 

"Then did Zhan agree ? Or are you deciding on his behalf again ?" Lisa asked.

Yibo fell silent. Then he clenched his fist and replied expressionlessly, " he's not going. I'm going alone."

At that time , Lisa and old Wang,  both were quite shocked,  shocked at his statement . But in the end, even old Wang couldn't stop his son from leaving. He didn't even wait for Zhan to wake up.

Zhan had trouble breathing , he placed his hand on his chest and asked with difficulty,  "when ?"

Lisa was Staltered,  she came forward and caressed his back anxiously, telling the maids to bring water and call the doctor.

"Mom , when did he leave?"

"This noon."

"Did he leave any message? For me ?"

Lisa shook her head with tears in her eyes. She gave little Yixin who was confused to one of the maid. Then she took zhan in her arms and comforted him. "Don't be sad , don't be sad, my baby. Don't be sad. He will come right back once he comes to his sense. That stupid son of mine is just confused."

Zhan hugged his mom and whispered, " I'm not sad. Let him go."

Yes.

Let him go.

Its better for both him and me.

It's better this way.

No matter how deeply you fall in love with the moon. The moon, sadly , can never be yours.

In the end, what Lisa said about Yibo coming back , turned out to be just false comfort. Days passed and years went by , not even Yibo's shadow came back. After a year, zhan stopped his useless hope and concentrated on his study. But soon , he also stopped returning home. After he graduated from high school,  he began to visit his family often. He prepared for the entrance examination with his all and finally achieved a good result and got into a first class University in China.

Then he rarely had time to come back to wang family. He led his life peacefully for more years until he graduated from university.

Later he refused Old Wang when he wanted to let Zhan take the position of CEO. Zhan told them that he wanted to start over with his own company. The old man undoubtedly supported his decision and patted his shoulder saying , "You have grown up, my son. Just remember that this old father of yours will always support you."

Zhan with an elegant and grateful smile replied, "thank you, dad."

A/n : shoo shoo! Yibo finally left the chapter! Zhan is mine now hahahaha ( evil laughter)