18

"Mirana!" AJ shouts, running over to the woman before he wraps his arms around her

"Hey kid," Mirana hugs him back.

"What's up, Tim?" AJ asks, fist-bumping the man before also fist-bumping Jackson.

"Not much," Tim replies. "You ready?"

"There you go," Kiara throws Tim the ball before moving to stand with Mirana.

"You ready?" Tim asks AJ. "Hike!"

"Attaboy!" Jackson cheers as AJ catches the ball Tim threw.

"Nice!" Kiara calls as she and Mirana clap. "You know anything about this game?"

"No, you?"

"Not a bit," Kiara shakes her head with a laugh.

"You know, AJ, back in high school, I was ranked one of the top quarterbacks in the state," Tim says.

"I can see why he's your man," Kiara says to Mirana who grins.

"Right?"

"I could believe that," Weddle says as he approaches. "The interceptions you threw me were always perfect spirals. So let's see if you still got the skills. You and AJ versus me and the rook"

"Let's go," Tim says.

"Let's do this," Jackson nods.

"Show 'em what you got, baby," Kiara cheers.

"I always do, Mama," AJ says before turning to Jackson. "Hey, uh, don't get your ankles broke, old man"

"Kid, I am 26. Don't play me," Jackson retorts.

"Ooh, and you about to get dusted by a 14-year-old. How sad is that?" AJ taunts Jackson as Kiara and Mirana laugh.

"LAPD has great medical coverage, right?" Weddle asks Tim.

"Yeah, yeah, very funny," Tim says.

"Real funny when you're gonna be on the ground smashed. Right in front of your lady,"

"Five Mississippi," Tim says.

"Whoa! Old lady, huh?" Weddle teases.

"Okay. Make it three," Tim says. "Hike!"

"One, two, three," Weddle says before running forward.

"You didn't say Mississippi!" Tim shouts as he's tackled to the floor.

"Hey, I wanna say thank you," Kiara says as she and Mirana sit on the grass.

"For what?" Mirana asks.

"AJ told me you gave him advice," Kiara says. "About that Noah boy?"

"Oh it's no problem," Mirana says. "You shouldn't feel guilty by the way"