21

"So I have a date pending," Lucy says as she stands next to Mirana

"We also have an incoming serial killer," Mirana says. "But that's great"

"I have a favour to ask," Lucy turns to face Mirana.

"You want me to babysit from afar?"

"Yeah," Lucy nods. "I texted him, he said he has a flatmate who will come when I feel like going. I also said it's only going to be platonic because you have Tim"

"Fine, but you owe me," Mirana says.

A van begins to back into the port and all of the officers move against the wall as a deputy gets out of the van before approaching Grey.

"Sergeant Grey?"

"Yeah,"

"Sergeant Hernandez. Her last meal was at 0600. Her last use of the bathroom was 47 minutes ago, so you're good for two more hours, but you will --"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Grey cuts the man off. "What is all this?"

"Eighth Amendment. Covers cruel and unusual punishment. If she's in your custody, the rules still apply. Inmate bill of rights, including the update of SB-1146, so you don't get yourself sued," Hernandez explains, handing Grey the clipboard and a pen.

"Okay, what -- what am I signing?"

"It's a sworn affidavit that states that I, Sergeant Antonio Hernandez, California Department of Corrections, hereby transfer Prisoner 081316 to the custody of Sergeant Wade Grey, Los Angeles Police Department," Hernandez explains as Grey signs the papers. "Thank you. Okay! Bring her out!"

The van's back doors open, revealing Rosalind Dyer who is strapped to a wheelchair. There is no denying that she is a stunning individual with her head of red hair and her piercing blue eyes.

However, as soon as Mirana lays her eyes on her, an unsettling feeling begins to creep up inside of her. There's just something about the woman that makes Mirana's skin crawl.

"Hello, Nick," Rosalind greets Armstrong.

"Rosalind," Armstrong nods at the woman.

"Are you gonna introduce me to your friends?" Rosalind asks, her eyes lingering on Lucy and Mirana.

"They got name tags. You got eyes," Armstrong says.

"That's not very gracious, Nick, after all that we've been through,"

Grey waves his hand signalling for Lucy and Mirana to step forward. They make quick work of Rosalind's restraints and the woman gets to her feet, staggering slightly. Nolan is quick to catch her arm and steady her.

"Ohh. Thank you," Rosalind says.

"Do you want us to leave the chair?" Hernandez asks Grey. "That requires more paperwork"