19

Mirana leaves Tim to go and talk to Nell while she approaches Sergeant Grey's office, knocking on the glass door

Mirana leaves Tim to go and talk to Nell while she approaches Sergeant Grey's office, knocking on the glass door. Grey looks up to see Mirana standing there and he waves her in. Mirana takes a seat as Sergeant Grey leans back in his chair.

"How can I help you Officer Cabrera?"

"As you know, my father has been in prison for nearly fifteen years,"

"Yeah, it's on your file,"

"He's been approved for early release," Mirana says. "Sometime within the next month and earlier today I received a call from Canaleta prison, from my father. He left me a message because I missed the call. The message is in Spanish, do you-?"

"I know a bit but it's best you fully translate it for me,"

Mirana nods before placing her phone on the desk and playing the message she had received earlier that day. As her father's voice sounds from her phone, Mirana translates the message into English and watches as Sergeant Grey's frown deepens.

"Your brother came to visit you?" Grey asks.

"To warn me,"

"And he forged a death certificate for you?"

"To try to keep me safe," Mirana says. "But I believe my father has someone following me"

"Have you told Officer Bradford yet?"

"No, sir, I thought it best I speak to you first,"

"Alright," Grey nods. "I'll get in contact with the FBI and Interpol and have them alert us if your father leaves the country. He'll have to use a fake passport considering his rap sheet"

"Until then?" Mirana asks.

"Keep doing your job,"

"Are you going to tell Officer Bradford?" Mirana asks and Grey nods.

"Is there anything else you need Officer Cabrera?"

"No sir,"

"Alright then, I unofficially say good luck in the roundup,"

"Thank you sir,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Bishop and Nolan have attached themselves to a false alarm,"

"Oh that means they've got something big," Tim says. "Attach us to it as well Nell"

"Done,"

"You're the best,"

Nell hangs up and Mirana slides her phone in her pocket. She can feel Tim side-eyeing her as she looks out of the window.

"You okay?" Tim asks.

Mirana nods and Tim raises an eyebrow but drops it as they pull up next to Bishop and Nolan's police car.