33

"7-Adam-15 in foot pursuit of suspect

"7-Adam-15 in foot pursuit of suspect. 29100 Spring. White male. 160 pounds. 5'8". Green jacket. Send backup,"

Mirana grabs the radio. "7-Adam-19, arriving on scene"

Tim slams the brakes on and they both quickly climb out of the car, Mirana running down the alley catching up with Nolan who pins the fleeing man against a dumpster.

"Easy! Hands behind your back, interlace your fingers," Nolan says as he pats the man down. "Got a knife"

Mirana takes the knife from Nolan's outstretched hand.

"Prosthetic leg?"

"Yes, sir," The man answers Nolan.

"This is a military style blade," Mirana says, examining the blade.

"You lose your leg in combat?" Nolan asks.

"Yes, sir. Got in an argument with an I.E.D,"

Nolan spins the man around and Mirana watches as Tim's face pales slightly. Shock is written across his face as if he'd seen a ghost.

"Mitch?" Tim asks.

"Sarge?" Mitch asks.

"You know this guy?" Nolan asks and Tim nods.

"I was his squad leader in Afghanistan," Tim replies. "We'll take him and get him booked"

Mirana walks over and hands Nolan the knife before he hands her Mitch. She leads the cuffed man to the police car, covering his head with her hand as he gets into the car.

Mirana closes the door before turning to Tim who is staring at Mitch, still in shock.

"Hey," Mirana says, grabbing his hand. "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah," Tim nods. "Just surprised is all"

"Okay," Mirana nods. "If you're sure"

"I'm sure,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana holds Mitch's hand to the fingerprint scanner as Tim speaks to the man.

"What happened?" Tim asks as Mirana scribbles down details on the forms. "You had a fiancée in San Diego, a job lined up through Wounded Warriors"

"What can I say? I... moved on," Mitch replies before turning to Mirana. "You tell me what I'm being charged with?"

"You're definitely looking at resisting arrest," Mirana says as she leads him towards the holding cells. "The D.A. will decide if they are going to add extra charges"

"Right," Mitch nods. "And how exactly did the cops end up in my hotel room?"

"She can't tell you that," Tim says.