9

"You pay rent but you're barely ever at the apartment," Lucy says as they walk into the station

"We're dream neighbours," Mirana grins. "I'm always out, you're always out"

"Hey, I noticed we didn't have any spare EpiPens in the apartment," Lucy says as they sit down.

"We don't?" Mirana asks and Lucy shakes her head. "Shit. So I either buy my live-saving medication or I buy food"

"I'll cover groceries until we get paid," Lucy says. "Don't worry about that. Just buy the EpiPens, those are more important"

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"All the time when you're drunk,"

"And I mean every single word,"

People begin cheering and clapping causing Mirana and Lucy to turn and see Tim walking into the briefing room. Tim shoots Mirana a quick wink as she joins in the applause.

Tim walks over to his chair and finds an inflatable orthopaedic pillow on the seat. He rolls his eyes before he picks it up and stabs his pen into it, popping it loudly.

"All right, all right, all right," Grey calls over the general buzz. "Settle down. Settle down. Let's get to it. You ready, Officer Nolan? 'Cause once again, we start with you"

"I'm flattered?" Nolan says.

"Don't be," Grey says, handing out posters to the officers. "Yesterday, a four-man crew disguised as zombies knocked over a cash advance near Pico and Robertson. So, Officers Bishop and Nolan were able to apprehend two of the criminals, while the other two escaped. Somehow, Officer Nolan managed to let a civilian steal ten grand in already stolen cash. Luckily, CCTV captured our thief. Still waiting on an I.D."

"Uh, he plays guitar, if that helps,"

"Absolutely. 'Cause they always list special talents on your rap sheet,"

All eyes move to the back of the room as Captain Andersen steps into the room after knocking on the door.

"Captain. How can we help you?"

"First off, I wanted to welcome Tim Bradford back. If you need anything, you let me know,"

"Yes, ma'am," Tim nods.

"Secondly, we just got some new intel on our zombies," Andersen says. "Turns out that they're responsible for a rash of armed robberies in the last six months, always disguised differently. Detectives want to get the two in custody to flip on their partners at large, but there is no guarantee, so don't stop hunting"

Mirana listens as Lucy whispers what the Captain has said aloud as she writes it down, causing Mirana to smile gratefully.

"Finally, we got a request for a civil standby. Turns out somebody's getting fired from a tech job. Supervisor's worried things may not go right,"