22

"Hey, where were you this weekend?" Jackson asks Nolan when he sits next to Lucy

"Hey, where were you this weekend?" Jackson asks Nolan when he sits next to Lucy. "Lucy and I went to a Dodgers game-"

"I also went,"

"Not with us," Lucy says.

"I went with you to the pop-up karaoke disco,"

"Uh, my back was bothering me, so I just stayed home to take care of it," Nolan says.

"Well, cowboy up next time, 'cause we can't be the Four Musketeers with just two and a half people. Right?"

"Why am I half a person?" Mirana asks.

"Because half of the time, you're in your T.O.s bed," Jackson whispers and Mirana punches his arm.

"All right, grab your seats," Grey calls. "A special day here at Mid-Wilshire. In fact, we're gonna start off by playing a game I like to call "What is a patrol officer's least favorite assignment?" Officer Lopez, why don't you get us started."

"Easy. Guarding a dead body,"

"Solid one. Officer Bradford?"

"Canvassing in the rain,"

"Bishop," Grey points at the officer.

"Driving the drunk wagon. It's just nasty,"

"Without a doubt. And yet, for me, the absolute worst is the VIP ride along," Grey says and groans erupt in the room.

"Why? That sounds like fun," Nolan says.

"Officer Bishop, would you like to inform your Boot why the ride along tops my list?" Grey asks.

"Because if anything happens to your VIP, it's your ass. So, you take the lowest of low-risk calls. It makes a 12-hour shift feel twice as long," Bishop explains.

"Plus, you're trapped in a car all day with an entitled prima donna coated in body spray," Tim adds.

"So Cabrera knows the feeling?" Angela teases and laughter erupts as Tim rolls his eyes.

"Officer Nolan, you want to take a guess why we're playing this game?"

"Because you're giving me the VIP ride along?" Nolan guesses.

"No,"

"Really?"

"No. You absolutely got the ride along," Grey says and laughter erupts again. "He's waiting in the Captain's office for you now"

"Sir, is it too late to ask for a sick day?" Bishop asks.

"Yes, it is,"

"Uh, who is this VIP, anyway?"

"Rupert Payne,"

"The director of those crap police movies?" Mirana asks.

"The very same," Grey nods.