Story Time Sunday

This morning when I woke up I gleamed from head to toe. Not only did my long time crush ask me to be his date for prom, but he also kissed me. After he dropped me off I felt like I was on cloud nine for the rest of the night. That feeling continued into the morning and all I could think of was that this is what it must feel like to be a Disney princess. There wasn't a care in the world and everything appeared happy and splendid.

Layla came over early this morning, during breakfast, to chill with me. We both had quite a bit of information to spill and we needed to catch up on life. I know we saw each other for a short time last night, but the past few days I was at Beck's, working on the chandelier, so it truly felt like an eternity since we actually talked.

We were sitting on the couch in the living room watching cartoons and eating our breakfast, which consisted of Lucky Charms cereal and orange juice. Everything felt great and honestly nothing could spoil my mood for me.

"How are we going to decide who's sharing first?" Layla questioned.

"I don't know. You technically brought up that you had a story to tell me last night. So maybe you should," I answered.

She grinned, "Well I do, but you hinted in your text message that something happened between you two. And because I know you so well Tar it is probably something big."

"I still think you should go first," I chuckled, setting down my bowl on the coffee table.

"Rock paper scissors for it?"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, winner goes first."

We put our hands into fists and began playing the little childish game to make a decision. The first round I put down paper and she put down scissors. The next round Layla threw down rock and I threw down paper. The last round I put down scissors and she put down paper, so I had the honor of going first.

"Ha, you get to go first," she joked.

"So were do I begin?" I pondered.

She nudged my shoulder, "The beginning of the date, duh."

"At Slices I think everything went pretty decent considering we both were nervous and it was very apparent."

She gawked, "Wait, Josh was nervous?"

"Yes, it was strange seeing him shy," I nodded. "At one point he complimented me and called me 'pretty,' so of course I had to reciprocate and call him 'handsome;' which in turn made him blush so hard Lay."

"Oh my gosh."

I continued, "We ordered our food and you wouldn't believe who walked in the restaurant."

"Who?" she asked.

"Sadie," I replied.

She rolled her eyes, "Oh yikes."

"Trust me I wasn't excited to see her and I could tell Josh wasn't either. When Josh told her that we were on a date I could see anger written all over her face. Before she left she had to get one more punch thrown at me and made a comment about cleaning the tables."

Layla huffed, "Typical."

I nodded, "Well after she left Josh was curious about it and asked me what she was talking about. I was hesitant but I decided that I needed to finally tell him about the whole blackmail situation."

"You did?" she leered wide-eyed, resting her arm on the top of the couch.

"Yes, and honestly after I let all of it out I felt better Lay. He said that he would've helped me if he knew and would definitely have answered 'no' if he was told to ask her," I chirped.