Morning Regrets

My body started coming out of my deep sleep as the sun was shining through the window hitting my legs just right. I heard small noises coming from the kitchen and I wondered if that was my mother making waffles. Yesterday seemed like an absolute blur to me that I didn't even vaguely remember driving back home after the movie.

I slightly moved my head on my pillow but something didn't feel quite right. Somehow my own hair was tickling my face which I found kind of funny. Out of nowhere a waft of spiced vanilla hit my nose causing me to be very confused. Something seemed very off this morning and I wish I remembered driving back home last night.

I fluttered my eyelids open waiting for my eyes to adjust to my surroundings. After peering up panic hit me as I realized that I never actually went home. I was cuddling with Beck on the couch. His hair was the culprit of tickling my face and I'm quite positive the spiced vanilla aroma was his shampoo. My legs were curled up in his lap and my head rested near the crook of his neck. His arm was wrapped around my back and his head rested against mine.

Everything started coming back to me from last night. Almost three quarters into the movie I began feeling tired and I must have fell asleep. Beck apparently did the same and now I'm curled up with my heart beating a mile a minute.

It was hard not to gaze at his face because it was so close to mine. He looked peaceful sleeping and I had to admit he was kind of cute.

Tara?! Listen to what you're saying. Don't fall for Beck, considering you have a giant crush on Josh who could possibly like you back.

I closed my eyes hoping that this was just all some kind of strange dream. I tried to fall back asleep but it wasn't exactly working. I moved my legs ever so slightly which caused Beck to stir awake. I opened my eyes peering up at his face and saw that he was already staring at me with a grin on his face.

"Good morning Terror," he whispered, his voice kind of raspy.

"Morning," I grinned, as butterflies erupted in my stomach.

What the hell is going on with me?! I can't find Beck Johnson attractive or his morning voice.

"So much for 'space means space'," he smirked.

I blushed and readjusted myself sitting in an upright position next to him. I hated the fact that he just made me blush and witnessed it.

"I don't want to hear it Brat," I uttered.

"Good morning sleepyheads," Mia chirped, running into the living room.

"Hey kiddo," Beck smiled.

"I was supposed to tell you," she played with her ponytail, "that mom made breakfast."

"Okay we'll be right there."

Mia looked at me, "Are you going to eat with us Tara?"

"I wish I could but I have a lot of things to do today," I explained.

She pouted, "Aw please."

I sighed, "Well what's for breakfast?"

"Waffles."

I glanced back and forth between Mia and her brother and couldn't believe the answer that came out of my mouth.

"Okay sure," I grinned.

We all sat down at the kitchen table and began talking and eating our breakfast. I wasn't going to lie but the only reason I stayed was because it was hard to say no to Mia and I loved waffles.

"You two must have been quite exhausted last night. I hope I didn't wake you up while I was in the kitchen," Dana inquired.

I shook my head and set down my glass of juice, "No you didn't."