Chapter 39

Sana had woken up by the sound of someone murmuring. She looked around the room not able to find Chaeyoung anywhere. She got quietly out of bed and walked to the bathroom only to find the door slightly opened and Chaeyoung talking on her phone.

Chaeyoung was in the bathroom with a deep gaze on her face as she had her phone against her ear and she was talking to Sana's father who had asked her how things were going so far.

"Everything is under control, sir Minatozaki. Sana will never find out..." she answered with a somewhat serious tone as she had a slight grin on her face and she was also slightly whispering.

Sana's eyes widen in surprise when she heard her father's name being mentioned. She rushed back to bed quickly without making much noise and pretended to be asleep till Chaeyoung would come out of the bathroom.

Chaeyoung had now hung up the call and she kept looking at her phone for a few more seconds before she started leaving the bathroom. She had a soft smile on her face and she was also in a pretty good mood.

She was now walking towards the bed with a soft look on her face and she was starting to sit on the edge of it while she was trying to gently move Sana's hair away from her face.

"Who was on the phone?" Sana mouthed immediately and pushed Chaeyoung down on the bed getting on top of her. Her grip was stronger than usual and she didn't have that innocent face anymore.

"No one important..." Chaeyoung had initially replied and she continued to keep her tone at that. However, as she felt Sana get on top of her and her grip having become much stronger than usual, she quickly felt a sense of fear and tension coming towards her and she couldn't help but feel a bit nervous.

"What's wrong with you..." she could barely say as she was trying to keep her tone calm and to keep herself from getting scared.

"Oh yeah? 'Sir Minatozaki'? Am I a joke to you?!" Sana exclaimed ready to slap Chaeyoung but she tried to remain calm and regain her composure before she started losing it all with Chaeyoung's lies.

Chaeyoung froze upon hearing Sana's father being mentioned again and she felt herself get even more nervous as she saw how she was going to slap her. She tried to make herself smaller when she saw how she was still coming towards her to slap her.

"No... You're not a joke to me... and you're not important to him anymore..." she mumbled when she then saw her hand coming towards her face and she instantly moved her head to the side just to avoid this slap.

"What are you planning with my father? How long has this been going on? Why him, you know I hate him after he separated us for no reason!" Sana claimed, her expression were really strong showing off how disappointed and mad she was at Chaeyoung even her voice was this sad yet upset tone. 

"It's not like that..." she started explaining and she was trying to defend herself once she felt how this was starting to get worse for her. She had never admitted this to Sana so she could finally find out about this.

"He contacted me after last time... he asked me to help him with things..." she continued as she was also getting even more nervous, she already knew that she was going to regret this and that Sana wouldn't believe her. Her tone was sounding more timid and a little sad as she continued to explain this situation.

"What things.." Sana mouthed titling her head to the side. She just wanted to know the truth because she already felt sick of this game. She didn't want her father to be involved into everything she did.

Chaeyoung stayed quiet for a few seconds since she was already doubting this was actually going to get better anymore. However, her intention to marry Sana was strong so she eventually replied with her true answer.