Chapter 29

Time skip

Sana returned back to her apartment and noticed how quiet and dark it was there. She thought that Jihyo might still be at work so she sighed in relief. Then the lights turned on and Sana flinched in surprise once she saw Jihyo standing there in front of her. "Oh.. Hey, you're here.." she mouthed nervously.

Jihyo approached her with a serious look on her face as soon as she saw her come in. Sana knew she had been trying to call her several times but had completely ignored them, not wanting to get her caught for what she had been doing.

"Sana, you've ignored me all day and you're just walking in casually. What's going on?" she asked softly but firmly, making it clear that she wasn't going to fall for any story she gave her now.

"Can't I just go out? I've been working so much the past few years for yours and my father's company, I want a break can't you understand that?" Sana said, obviously lying about being "just out". She had such a serious expression while talking to Jihyo that she even sounded convincing.

Jihyo didn't buy her lies, even though she could clearly tell that Sana had been working much harder than before in order to help support the company. However, she also could sense what was going on and the fact that she was trying to hide something from the both of them.

"Your break was to meet someone, wasn't it?" she asked softly and waited for her answer.

"Why does it matter? You only got with me because my father told you to and you both are fools to think that getting me in relationship with someone new would make me fall out of love with Chaeyoung." Sana exclaimed, finally revealing the whole truth. She confessed that even if the two had a relationship for six years her mind was also to Chaeyoung and it felt right to tell Jihyo about her actual feelings.

"If your plan is to go tell my father about me still having feelings for Chaeyoung then go ahead and tell him but he will make sure that your company will go downhill." she explained as her eyes started getting watery at the thought of being away from Chaeyoung again if her father learned about this.

Jihyo stared at her with a blank expression on her face as she heard every word that she had just told her. She couldn't believe just how honest Sana was being about everything and just how much she really was in love with Chaeyoung.

She was getting angrier every second as she heard her story and just how selfish she had been for the last six years without even realizing how much she was hurting Sana.

"You should be the one who should be falling out of love with her. She's the one that left you to be with another..." she finally said.

"Jihyo can't you stop. Chaeyoung never left me. Stop believing the bullshit my father says to you. He took me away from her!" Sana said as she tried her best to explain to Jihyo how things were. She started from how the two were best friends since forever to when they got together in high school and why they broke up.

Jihyo couldn't believe what Sana was telling her but at the same time it kinda made sense looking back at the things that she'd been told, which she probably believed at the time. She also saw how much Sana had been struggling these last years to make her proud and to make her father happy.

"Then if that's true... why didn't she come back for you?" she asked softly as she felt a sudden sensation of pity for thinking such bad things of her.

"We've tried keeping it a secret from him.. even my mother helped me.. but he eventually found out and he took my phone and smashed it on the floor so I wouldn't be able to find a way to contact with her.." Sana replied with a slight sad expression. She lowered her head but she felt a bit relieved now that the truth was out. Her chest felt a bit lighter.