Chapter 1

Sana's pov

Here we are born. Two people from two different countries. Two different people. Introverted and extroverted. Opposites attract they said. Could it be? What am I doing to do with you Son Chaeyoung?

We are still young but why does my heart ache when I see you, you're just my best friend. You might don't even feel the same way that I do but it's alright, I like the way it hurts. Just to be your best friend is enough.

I was waiting to the bus stop like usual waiting for her to come. I was scrolling through my phone while drinking my coffee. I wore my school uniform and had a high ponytail today.

"There you are Chaengie! Good morning!" I exclaimed happily and hugged her immediately. I could tell that she wasn't in the mood but I just wanted to hug her was it that difficult...

"Good morning Sana," She replied with a flat tone on her face. She was always serious at times but she was never upset when I greeted her in the morning. She hugged me back but quickly let go.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked concerned. Did I overreacted without knowing it? I started overthinking what did I do wrong and that made me less moody than before. I tried to relax and not think much about it. After all Chaeyoung had a crush on Mina.

She shook her head before rolling her eyes at me. "Why do you always keep asking me if I am okay?" She sighed, clearly annoyed at me, but she really didn't mind me being concerned.

I've been friends with her since middle school. "I'm fine. Stop worrying too much." She replied, keeping her attention on her phone.

"O-okay.." I stuttered and stopped asking her any more questions. I felt like she hated me or something. Was I doing something wrong? She never gave me the attention I wanted, ever since that Mina got in her life. I was supposed to be her best friend or.. never mind. She will never get it.

Third person's pov

Chaeyoung looked up from her phone for a moment. She noticed how hurt Sana was and she felt bad for making her friend this way.

"Ah.. I'm sorry for acting like that," She said while fidgeting with her fingers.

"I'm sorry if I seem uninterested sometimes." She sighed, looking down at her phone. She knew she was a bit of a cold friend, and she didn't like that about herself, She never realized it until now.

"Yeah it's okay don't worry.." Sana replied and hopped into the bus walking on the back and taking a seat just to avoid being close to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung followed Sana onto the bus but she didn't sit next to her. She had always been a bit cold towards Sana so she thought it would be best if she gave her space. She looked out the window of the bus, observing the city.

She still couldn't shake the guilt. After a few minutes, she turned to see Sana. She wanted to talk to her about everything but she didn't know how to bring it up.

In the school

Sana rushed towards the classroom grabbing her books from the lockers. She just wanted to have a normal day after all just to see Chaeyoung with Mina being close again.

She sighed and turned around to go from another hallway towards her class. She felt her heart breaking once again but decided not to make it a big of a deal.

"So have you told Sana that we are together?" Mina asked Chaeyoung while they walked on the hallway together carrying their books on their hands.

"I- I haven't yet," Chaeyoung replied, her face turning slightly red. "I'm just worried about how she would take it."