36

Casey was beautiful.

It was all Kai could think about. Casey's long, dark hair cascaded to his shoulders, occasionally falling in his face. Kai loved how the taller boy had to constantly brush his hair behind his ears without his trademarked bandana. Who knew that Casey could be considered cute? Kai thought about the fact that the bandana was being used as his gag, keeping him at Casey's mercy. Jeez. And that grip that he had on his chin? That was fucking hot.

He knew that there were more pressing matters at hand, but he couldn't keep his eyes off of him. Casey was so beautiful and... yeah, you know where I'm going with this. Kai wished things were different right then. He wished that he wasn't Casey's mortal enemy or that the turtles were not going to let him leave alive.

But the lover always saves the other, right? That's how it works in all the stories. Right?

(Unfortunately, this is not one of those stories. I personally like to watch my readers suffer as I kill off the main character... foreshadowing???)
Kai was brought back to reality by the heart shattering expression of betrayal on Casey's face. He let go of Kai's face and turned away, slamming the document on the table and storming out of the lab. April looked from Kai to Casey's retreating form, choosing to leave her position and follow her human friend.

"Casey, wait!" she called, hurrying after him.

The turtles turned their attention back to Kai, a mix of confusion and fury plastered on each of their faces. Kai was confused as to why they were mad at him. What did he do?

I mean sure, he had tried to kill them all on multiple occasions, but he had changed now. He was in love with Casey. Surely that would give him some bonus pointes on not being killed by four turtle teenaged mutants.

He looked around at his enemies who had now surrounded him. He could hear April and Casey arguing outside of the lab. He wondered what they were arguing about. Donatello interrupted his thoughts by stepping forward with a clipboard and a pen. He had a somewhat serious facial expression, but a glimmer of curiosity glimmered behind his red eyes.

"Donnie has some questions for you," Leonardo said. "We won't be taking of your gag, so a simple nod yes and shake no will be acceptable. Do you understand?"

"Yeah, boi!" Mikey butted in. "You better understand."

Kai rolled his eyes at the youngest mutant's antics but nodded his head hesitantly. He immediately winced at the pain that the motion caused in his shoulders. Staying with your hands tied behind the back of a chair for an extended period of time was sure to do some damage to your body. But if the brothers noticed this, they made no indication of doing so.

Donnie pulled up his old looking office chair in front of Kai and clicked the pen against his clipboard, holding it poised above the paper. "So. You are the son of Shredder?"

Kai nodded.

"And you were experimented on as a child and became a mutant?"

Kai nodded.

"That's rough, dude," Mikey said. There seemed to be some underlying seriousness in his voice. Strange. "How old were you?"

"Mikey!" Donnie snapped. "We are in the middle of something."

"Sorry, dude," the orange turtle said. He backed up and sat of the ground next to a weird moving blob of white, brown, and pink.

Donnie turned back to Kai with an annoyed expression. "Your mutation doesn't appear physically," he continued, writing profusely on the piece of paper. "But your mutation came with the power of being able to convince anyone to do anything that you want."

Kai knew that it was not so easy as that. He wished that he could talk and explain everything to the turtles. Maybe they would trust him more then. He changed. He didn't want to be the villain anymore.

"Well?" Raphael sneered.

Kai nodded, looking down into his lap. Donnie's pen scribbled.

"Was your intention of becoming 'friends' with Casey to get closer to us and give us over to Shredder?"

Kai's head shot up in surprise. He looked around at the turtles surrounding him with wide eyes. Leo had his arms crossed of his chest. Raph was fingering the hilts of his sais at his waist threateningly. Donnie still sat in front of him with that damn clipboard that, if he could, Kai wanted to rip out of his hands and slap them all upside the head with. And Mikey was just standing there, trying to look threatening, but failing as the colorful blob in his arms kept... meowing at him?

The door to the lab was still open a crack, Casey and April's arguing now silent. Kai wondered if they could hear what was going on.

"Do. You. Want. To. Kill. Us?" Leonardo demanded.

Kai wanted to explain everything. He wanted to tell them that he had changed. He wanted to be a "good guy". He didn't want to be Shadowman anymore. He struggled in his bonds in frustration. These weren't simple yes of no questions. He looked up at the blue leader with pleading eyes.

Leo seemed to realize the predicament that Kai was in. The turtle's eyes softened and he uncrossed his arms. He stepped closer to the boy and looked at him with a stern expression.

"I will take off the gag for you to answer the question," he said.

"Leo—" Donnie argued.

"You have to promise not to use your mutation and tell the whole truth," Leo continued, ignoring Donatello's exclamation of concern. "Do you promise?"

Kai nodded his head quickly. Maybe the turtles were so bad after all. Leonardo walked around to the back of Kai and loosened the gag. The others argued and told him that it was a bad idea, but none of them made any movement to stop their leader. Leo pulled the black bandana from in between Kai's teeth and set it on the lab table.

"Do you want to kill us?" Leo repeated in a calmer voice.

Kai swallowed before answering. "I- I really don't want to kill you guys. It was never my intention to personally kill you all. When I realized that Casey went to the same school as me and was friends with you, I... I thought that if I pretended to be his friend, he would eventually lead me to you, and I could turn you over to Shredder. I just wanted my father to actually notice me and maybe by giving him his greatest enemies, he would begin to see me as his son and not just an asset."

The lab doors slammed open, hitting the cement wall with a loud bang. The noise made everyone flinch and jump in surprise.

Casey stormed in with unparalleled rage filling his features by the step. He stalked towards the group. April stood by the door with an apologetic expression on her face but made no move to get any closer to the angry human.

Casey's hair was in his eyes, but he paid no mind to it, letting it flutter around his face. He pushed past the turtles and held his shaking fists at his sides.

"You. Fucking. Traitor," he growled out. 

Omigoodness gracious y'all.

THANK YOU FOR 2K READS!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!