04

Raph and Casey headed through the sewers to an entrance to the subway tunnels. They walked side by side, the only sound was their footsteps echoing against the tunnels. The section where the location sent them was part of an abandoned sector of the tunnels.

The perfect place for a child of Shredder to hide.

Raph kept looking at his T-phone to pinpoint the exact location, but the tunnels were messing with the reception. Soon enough, he groaned in frustration and put the device away.

"Looks like we're on our own," he said.

Mikey nodded, pulling out one of his nunchucks and spinning it around a few times. He let the weapon still and held it at the ready. 

The two turned the corner and saw a large, dark shape. The shape split up until it was twenty smaller shadows. An army of foot soldiers.

It was a trap.

The foots rushed at the two, catching them off guard. Three soldiers attacked them both at once, the others forming a barrier of no escape. Daunting.

Fighting them off, slowly but surely, Mikey and Raphael managed to run the same direction from where they were heading and shake the foots off their tail. They climbed back through the opening and into the sewers.

They crawled up through the manhole and leaned against the brick walls of the surface. But the foots weren't done with them quite yet.

Jumping down from the rooftops, the soldiers attacked Mikey and Raph. They had no more fight in them and they crumpled to the ground. Raph tried to keep fighting, but it was of no use. Beaten and bruised, Mikey and Raph struggled for breath. A large shadow kneeled in front of them and sprayed a mist in their faces. 

Mikey immediately passed out, but Raph tried his best to fight off the heaviness of his eyelids. A white van pulled up and the foot soldiers loaded Raph and Mikey into it, casually throwing them inside like garbage bags. The van began to back up as Raph succumbed to sleep.

"I hope the others are having more luck than we are," Raph said. And with that, he passed out next to Mikey.

***

As luck would have it, Donnie and April were not having a better time than Michelangelo and Raphael. They, in fact, were being chased by foot soldiers as well.

They tried fighting their way out of the ambush, but the foots kept on coming. Dreading their decision, Donnie and April ran for their lives. They didn't think the foot soldiers were going to kill them, but it was always nice to come out of a fight in one piece.

The foot soldiers chased them as far as they could go, unless Donnie and April were to fall in the water below the creaking docks. The two stood back to back, Donnie raising his stick threateningly and April raising her fists.

As far as a fight goes, the foot soldiers were winning. Donnie was on his knees, not fighting anymore, but protecting himself from the blows. April was knocked unconscious a while ago and he was trying to protect her.

But with one kick to the shell, Donnie tumbled back and almost fell into the harbor. A hand reached out and pulled him back on the dock. A mist was sprayed in his face.

Donnie was awake long enough to see a white van coming toward them, breaking, and he and April being thrown in the back.

***

 Leo was having a little bit more luck than the rest of their friends.

He had traveled to the school and made their way into the basement. He heard someone moving around in the far shadows of the dank area. The turtle sneaked around crates and cockroach eaten cardboard boxes, making no noise. A figure was practicing fighting moves on a football dummy, giving up, and then repeatedly stabbing the stuffing out of it.