30

I was writing this to Walking Dead Man by TX2 on an hour loop, so ignore how sappy this is. 

DISCLAIMER: I have never been in a relationship and have no idea how they work. I am only using my knowledge from fanfictions and books that I have read. Please don't judge.

Kai and Casey awkwardly sat on the couch eating their pizza in silence. It wasn't odd to see a boy without a shirt on, but when it was Kai, it was all Casey could think about. He wondered where he had gotten all the scars from. The scars looked a lot like the scars that he and the turtles got after being cut by swords or something.

Huh. That made Casey think. Maybe there was more to this kid than to what met the eye.

Casey looked over at Kai sitting next to him on the worn couch, who looked like he was deep in thought. He was wearing one of Casey's old t-shirts from his teenage years. The name of the band had faded, but he could still remember the absolutely metal songs. Welcome To the Black Parade was probably his favorite.

"Do ya wanna watch somethin'?" Casey asked.

Kai's head whipped around to face Casey, surprised. "Oh, uh, sure."

Casey stood up from the couch and grabbed the TV remote from the table that the television stood. He plopped back on the couch and turned on Netflix.

Kai cleared his throat next to the taller boy. "Sorry."

Now it was Casey's turn to be surprised. "Wha' do ya mean?"

Kai scratched the back of his neck. "I've, uh, never been to someone else's house before. I am sorry if I am making this awkward or uncomfortable."

Casey started to laugh, but then saw that his friend was completely serious. "Bro, it's fine. I asked ya ta come over."

The shorter boy smiled slightly without his teeth. It was a shame. Casey liked when Kai smiled with his teeth. Kai was pretty when he smiled with his teeth. Casey shook his head. What was wrong with him? Why was he thinking like this? It wasn't right to think that way about his friend.

Besides.

"Thanks." Kai looked up at the television to where Casey had stopped scrolling. "You want to watch Chucky?" he asked incredulously. "I didn't think that you liked horror."

Casey turned back to the television. Sure enough, the creepy doll was staring back at him. He hated horror movies because he always screamed like a little girl. Even his little sister, Marie, could handle this movie better than he could. But Kai seemed excited to watch the movie that made Casey shit his pants.

(Not literally, of course. Casey would never admit to that.)

"Yeah... uh, sure!" Casey stuttered, clicking on the movie. "I love this movie."

"Really?" Kai asked. "It's a pretty close second to The Shining for me. But I'm glad we share a love of horror movies!"

Casey gulped as the opening scene of the movie played. Oh boy.

What did he get himself into?

***

Casey's voice was hoarse from all the screaming he did during the movie. He could feel the looks that Kai was sending his way every time he screamed. Casey now felt bad about lying. Now he wouldn't be able to sleep for a few days. There was one particularly scary scene where Chucky kills Tiffany (spoiler alert sorry) that scared Casey so much that he jumped almost on top of Kai, gripping his muscular arm tightly like his life depended on it.