34

CAUTION: THIS IS NOT MY BEST WORK. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK OF BEING DEPERTELY CONFUSED. I AM THE ONE WHO WROTE IT AND I HAVE A HARD TIME READING THIS.

(This being said, if y'all could give me some feedback on how to make my chapters more enjoyable, that would be much appreciated.)

TW: slight mention of needle/syringe

Casey backed into an alleyway, pulling Kai with him without breaking the kiss to give the two of them some more privacy. Kai lightly pushed Casey's shoulders into the brick wall to the side of them. Casey allowed his body to be maneuvered, still fighting for dominance over Kai's mouth.

Casey laced his arms around Kai's shoulders, pulling him closer. The shorter boy was almost on his tiptoes to be able to reach Casey's lips. It was hilarious in his mind, but there wasn't time to think about that. All that went through his mind was the fact that he loved him, he was kissing him.

"Augh! Dudes, get a room!" a voice sounded from above.

"We told you to distract him, not tongue-fight with him!" a deeper voice said.

Casey and Kai broke apart in shock and watched as four green blurs jumped down from the rooftops and landed in a half circle around the two boys. Kai immediately reacted, pushing Casey behind him, and standing in front of the taller boy in a defensive position. His hands were curled into fists, ready for a fight.

"Casey, run!" he exclaimed, his eyes still not parting from the mutant turtles.

Casey placed a hand on Kai's shoulder, trying to turn the shorter boy to face him, but to no avail. Kai was very stubborn when it came to protecting someone.

"What are you freaks want?" Kai asked.

The turtles got up from their fighting stances and looked at the two boys confusedly. Raphael twirled a sai around his three green fingers, stopping the weapon when it pointed at Kai. The shortest turtle slowly approached his weapons still in front of him.

"Raph, stop," Casey said, pulling Kai back against him using the handle of his backpack and backing up. Kai felt his face flush as his back was pressed up on Casey's chest. Now was not the time to be horny.

Still acting, Kai turned his head to look up at his taller friend. "Casey? You know these freaks?"

Casey opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out.

The blue turtle held up his three-fingered hands placatingly and slowly walked toward Casey and Kai. "Look, Kai, was it?" he said in an authoritative, but calm voice. "We don't want to hurt you. I want to reiterate my proposal from before."

"You're engaged?" Mikey exclaimed from his position on a trash can.

Everyone shot the orange-themed turtle with puzzled and/or disgusted looks. Donatello shook his head at his brother. "No, Mikey."

Leonardo turned back again to face the shorter human boy. "I still want to help you," he said. "You don't have to follow in the Shredder's footsteps. We can help you. Come with us. Our teacher—"

"Sorry, mutant," Kai sneered, continuing to lie through his teeth. "I don't know what you are talking about. You probably have me mixed up with one of your other human adversaries, but I am not your guy. If you all are done here, we need to leave." Kai grabbed Casey's hand defensively. He slid off his backpack in case he had to fight his way out, even though it had all his Shadowman gear and weapons in it. But he could live without those.

"It wasn't a suggestion," Raph said darkly.

"W-what?" Kai asked.

Something about the turtle's mischievous green eyes made Kai turn around to the mouth of the now-dark alleyway. Lit up by a single streetlamp was a girl with her hair pulled up in a sharp ponytail. The boy couldn't tell exactly what she was wearing, but he knew exactly who it was. April O'Neil was almost never in any of the actual fights that the vigilante turtles were in, but Kai had crossed her path a few times.