22

When Casey woke up, he didn't know where he was. It was a smaller space with dark forms piled in the corner. Casey stood up on shaky feet and walked over to the shadow. He gasped as he heard a groan come from the pile. He knelt down next to the pile and was shocked to see the turtles, beaten and bruised, but alive.

(this part takes place in the prison cells in Shredder's lair. Season–, Episode– where Leo and Raph save Karai)

Casey immediately found Raphael and shook him awake.

"Raph!" Casey whisper shouted. He didn't know who could have been listening or where they were, but he had a strong suspicion that they were in the dungeon area of Shredder's lair. "Raph, get up!"

Raph groaned in response as his bruised eyes slowly opened. "Casey?" he asked weakly. "Wha- where did you come from? Where are we?"

"I dunno," Casey said. "I think we're in Shred-head's lair."

Raph sat up, pushing Mikey's legs off of him. He groaned and held his head. By now the others were starting to stir as well.

"Dude's where are we?" Mikey asked.

"Casey?" Leo asked. "When did you get here?"

"You guys okay?" Casey asked.

"I would like to lie and say that I am, but I won't lie," Donnie mumbled as he tried standing up. The purple turtle used the bars of the door as support. Casey also stood up, helping the other turtle's to their feet.

"Wha' happened ta you, man?" Casey asked.

"We were ambushed," Leo replied. "There was a new human Foot soldier–"

"Yeah, I ran into him," Casey agreed. He felt his blood start to simmer with hatred towards the new villain.

"AHA!" Mikey exclaimed. "After many weeks of thinking, I have finally found the perfect name for him!" Mikey positioned his hands on either side of his head and waved them back and forth. "Shadowman!". He always liked to think of names for the villains that they fought. Most of them were pretty obvious, other were creative. Shadowman just happened to be on the more creative side of the spectrum.

The others paid no mind to Mikey's creative name for the human, instead turning their attention back to Casey. 

"We've fought him before," Leo continued. "He's been a real problem."

"You've fought 'im before?" Casey asked. "Why didn't ya tell me that there was a new villain!"

"April was supposed to tell you to watch out for him at school," Donnie mused.

"Shadowman goes to ma school?" Casey exclaimed. "He's only in highschool?"

A few minutes of awkward silence passed. "Look, Casey," Leo finally said. "There is something we've been trying to tell you about this guy. He's Shredder's son and we think that–"

"That isn't very nice, turtle," a new voice interrupted. A figure walked into the circle outside the cell that the five vigilantes were trapped in. The soldier still had all his battle gear on, his hood was still over his head and covering his eyes. This time, Shadowman had a scythe strapped to his back instead of the twin katanas. A small torch lit up a table with the ninjas' weapons laid out as well as their phones.

Leo tried speaking again, but the soldier shushed him. "You will not be speaking again, Leonardo," he said. "Well, no. That's too mean." The soldier pretended to think, brushing a finger against his metal mask. "You won't be speaking again until you somehow get out of here. How's that? Fair enough?"

Fed up with the new guy's cocky attitude, Casey ran up to the bars and tried grabbing the villain. The soldier moved back swiftly. "Come now, Casey Jones," he said. "I thought we were friends."