27

It was long enough without Shadowman being spotted that the turtles and April had forgotten about the son of Shredder. With luck, Shadowman was dead. Raph seemed constantly guilty everytime the vigilante was mentioned, until he no longer was a subject of interest. He was just the villain of the week. Gone within a few days after being beaten by the turtles that one night. He had fighting potential, a good opponent, but a sore loser. The turtles soon forgot about Shadowman, focusing more on Shredder's other followers.

They were no longer worried about Casey's safety. If Shadowman wasn't a problem anymore, then he probably wasn't bothering Casey either. Casey stopped coming around to the lair as often, never actually. Casey was a thing of the past as well now, the only remembrance of him was the pictures hanging on the fridge and the empty feeling that Raphael had when he was out in New York alone. Soon, they forgot that Casey was even friends with the son of Shredder.

But not Raph.

Raph remembered Shadowman and what he had done to him. He stabbed the human. Sure, the turtles had killed a few Foot soldiers and evil doers pretty often, but never had Raph been there to watch the light fade in someone's eyes. Watch them slump to the ground with blood spurting out of them. The feeling of their blood on his face and hands. Going home later and scrubbing his weapons mercilessly, trying to get rid of the already hardened blood before his family saw.

It was a horrible feeling.

He didn't tell anyone though. How would they react if they had known that he had killed the Shadowman? Sure, he was the enemy. But the number one rule that Splinter had tried to drill inside their heads was that violence was never the answer. Splinter was against the killing that his sons had to do, but understood certain instances. But in this instance, Splinter would be so disappointed in him.

Raph hated being the disappointment.

(this is a really short chapter but i thought it would give some light to how Raph and the turtles reacted to Kai, or should i say the "Shadowman's" mysterious disappearance. Also, I just have writer's block at the moment as I am currently working on another story that has nothing to do with TMNT. you will probably see it out in a few weeks? months? years?)