03

The turtles met up at the lair. Leo was bandaging his arm, which had been hurt while fighting Tigerclaw. Raph was pacing again. He threw his hands up in the air and flopped on the couch.

"We almost had him!" he shouted.

"Patience, Raph," Leo said, finishing the bandage. "We'll get him next time."

"You sound like Splinter," Raph chortled.

Leo chose to ignore the statement. He turned to Donnie and Mikey. "What about you guys? Any luck finding him?"

"None," Donnie sighed, swinging his arms at his sides in frustration and failure.

"It was so cool, man," Mikey said. "He disappeared into thin air. Poof! Gone."

"That's just great!" Raph said.

"Wait a second!" Donnie suddenly jumped up from his seat and practically ran to his lab. Shrugging, the others followed him.

"He wasn't in any of the databases," Donnie explained. "And the alleyway that he and Tigerclaw were in didn't have any security cameras. But the roadside where the boy was walking did! If I can find the cameras..." Donnie trailed off as he typed furiously on his computer. "I got it!"

"Got what?" Raph demanded.

"That boy!" Donnie exclaimed. "The white and black hair, the black eye makeup, the black backpack! It all makes sense! The boy is that boy that I ran into at the club."

An awkward silence followed.

"What is this about a boy at a club?" a voice asked from behind the turtles.

The turtles turned around to see Splinter standing with his hands behind his back. April stood behind him, covering her laughs with fake coughs.

"Is there something you need to share with us, Donatello?" Splinter asked, raising an eyebrow.

Donnie's face turned red. "It- mission... I followed him..."

"Master Splinter!" Leo interrupted, much to Donnie's relief. "We think that we found the boy... person...."

"Ahh, yes," Splinter said, nodding. "The mystery."

April walked in behind Splinter. "Is he the one working with Shredder?"

"Yes," Splinter said. "What do you know about him?"

"We came face to face at a club," Donnie said. He cringed from the awkward glances. "That was where he was hiding and Mikey followed him and... nevermind. He didn't seem all that scared when he saw me. He looked like he was crying."

"Actual details about what he looked like, please," April said.

"Oh," Donnie said.

"Short hair, shoulder length," Mikey interrupted. "Split horizontally, black on top, white on bottom. Monster energy can tabs as earrings. Green eyes. Two jackets, leather and gray hoodie and Sharpie-fied sneakers. Ummm... and I think a snake ring on him left hand?"

Awe-filled silence filled the lair.

"Umm.. how do you know this?" Raph asked.

"While Donnie was making lovey eyes at him, I memorized what he looked like," Mikey said, chomping down on another piece of pizza.

"You just... memorized what he looked like?" April asked.

"It was nothing, dudette," Mikey said without really answering the question. He was silent for a few seconds. "I still need to find a name for him."

Mikey walked away into the kitchen, murmuring to himself.

April glanced over at Donatello, a blush was creeping up his face. Leo cleared his throat and turned back to the screen. He enlarged the image of the security camera so that it showed the boy's face.

"Donnie?" Leo said. "Can you run his profile through every database available? We need to find him."

A few hours later and much boredom, Donnie's computer finally binged. It had found a match on the mystery boy. The turtles, April, and Master Splinter crowded around the screen, itching to see who the boy was.

The screen showed a picture of the boy, probably one for school. The picture was an exact match. Underneath the picture was information about the boy. He was about seventeen years old. He used to work after school tutoring jobs, but suddenly left two years ago randomly.

The boy had also worked at a nearby grocery store, also ending two years ago. The turtles were surprised that the information said that he had helped arrest many drunks and criminals.

Finally, below all this, was a space for his name. There was no first name, only a surname: Saki.

Splinter let out a small gasp upon seeing this, but no one else heard it.

"Heyyy," Raphael said, pointing to the last name. "Doesn't that look familiar to you guys?"

"Yeah," Leonardo responded. He shot a sideways glance at Splinter. "Do you know why it looks so familiar, Master?" he asked.

"That, my sons, is Shredder's last name," Splinter sighed.

"What?!" Mikey exclaimed, running back to his family. "He has a name? What is it? It has to be something embarrassing."

"His name is Oroku Saki," Splinter explained.

"Oh," Donnie said. "Does that mean–"

"Shredder has a kid?!" Mikey shouted.

"It seems so," Splinter said. "And this mystery boy appears to not only be his son, but the key to stopping him."

"That's great," Raph scoffed. "One teensy question. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FIND HIM?"

"Haven't gotten that far," Donnie said. "But if I can trace his movements through security cameras, we can track him to wherever he is hiding, and hopefully wherever Shredder is."

"What do we do?" April asked.

"None of us can do anything until we find the boy," Leonardo explained.

"That'll take forever, dudes!" Mikey whined, throwing his hands in the air.

"It won't take forever, Mikey," Donnie reprimanded.

***

It took forever.

***

To say the least, the turtles got bored really quickly. April and Splinter were meditating in the dojo.

"Do you guys know where Casey is?" Mikey asked from his spot in front of the television. 

"He said he had to stay after school for a tutoring session," Raph said, not looking up from the pinball machine. 

"Oh," Mikey said. "He has a lot of catching up to do."

Finally, after hours, the computer dinged once again. Leo jumped up from his spot on the floor. Donnie was already in the lab.

"Got it!" he squealed.

Donnie spun in his chair. Raph leaned with one arm on the back of the chair to stop him.

"Finally!" he exclaimed. "Where is he?"

"Well," Donnie said. "There are three available locations for him to be. He could either be at the subway, docks, or the... basement of the school. I suggest we split up."

"Good idea," Leo agreed. "Raph and Mikey can go here, to the subway. Donnie and April can head to the docks. And I will go to the school. Remember guys, be careful and if it is a trap, get out of there or contact one of the others."

"On it!" April said.

"Finally," Raph said. "Some action!"

Everyone grabbed their gear and headed to their designated spots to search for the boy.