60. 'Ready to comply' - Bucky Barnes

A/n

Russian in bold again because there is quite a bit of Russian language here

Tw: Blood, violence, offensive language.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Failure!"

I was thrown to the ground and kicked roughly. I gagged and rolled over, pain coursing through my body.

"You damned failure!"

I stumbled to my feet but was pushed down again by my handler. His heavy boot was pressed against my chest.

"I'm sorry, I tried my best!" I apologised, fear wracking my body. "He's too strong!"

"It's not my fault you can't fight!"

"Don't make me fight him again, please!" I begged. "Please, I can't!"

"Sad for you then, you're fighting him again!"

The two burly guards by the door came forward and grabbed my arms, dragging me back into the fighting room. I screamed and kicked, desperately trying to get out of their grip.

"No, no!" I screamed. "I can't do this anymore! I need help!"

I was thrown into the middle of the room and I stumbled to keep my balance.

"Winter Soldier, fight her!"

I'd barely registered him in front of me before a powerful kick to my gut sent me flying across the room and into the wall. Coughing, I steadied myself. I realised with deepening horror that they weren't going to stop until I bet Winter Soldier. Whether that meant I got killed before I could beat him or not, I was in for a long, hard day.

"Y/n, retaliate!"

"I- I can't!" I stuttered, dodging Winter Soldier's metal arm.

I slipped behind him and swept my leg under his legs, knocking him off balance. Maybe if I stayed out of his grip I had a chance? I quickly kicked the back of his knees, causing him to buckle and stumbled forward. Leaping upwards, I wrapped my legs around his shoulders and swiftly brought him to the ground. Barnes grabbed my thigh with his metal arm and forced my leg away from his neck, quickly taking the high ground, pinning me beneath him.

"Bucky!" I cried as he aimed a punch at my face.

I moved my head to the side - too late. I felt blood start to drip out of my nose and the side of my mouth.

"Dammit Bucky, wake-"

I was cut off by my own pained shriek. Winter Soldier had pulled a blade - almost out of nowhere -  and had dragged it down my arm.

"Stop, stop!" I pleaded, feeling my vision becoming blurry and the world beginning to spin.

"My orders are to fight you."

"Do you want me to die?" I asked, suddenly gathering up a little bit of energy to kick him off of me. "Really?"

"You two! Stop the talking!"

I turned to my handler at the corner of the room. Everything made me want to go and murder him. I could. I might not be stronger than the Winter Soldier, but I was stronger than that lanky bastard. Instead, I turned back to the soldier in the corner of the room. He wasn't coming forward. Odd. Then it clicked in my brain. He was waiting for me to come to him. I was weakening, it was easier to make me waste my energy then strike me down.

I walked towards him, slowly enough so that I could regain some energy. Soon enough, I was mere feet from him. He lunged forward, blade slashing. I waited for the right moment, then grabbed the hand with the blade. I threw my body into his and disarmed him, before ducking from his attack.

Spurred on by the blade I held in my hands, I was backing the Winter Soldier back into a corner. He seemed to be tiring slightly. Finally I thought.

"Tired, soldier?" I questioned.

"Never better."

Smirking, I plunged the blade forward until it was inches from him. He backed into the wall. He was trapped. I had to win. I pressed my free hand on his throat and held the blade up against his throat.

"Surrender!" I snapped, trying to sound strong but my voice shook.

Winter Soldier hesitated. He could still fight me. But I saw something. Instead of fighting, he held his hands up and called, "I surrender!"

For a moment, I was unsure of whether he was actually giving up.

Then, my handler called, "Y/L/N wins!"

The official end of the match. The blood loss was getting to my head as I stumbled away. As my handler approached, all I could mutter was, "Ready to comply."

"Good job soldier," he said, but with harshness to his voice.

Then, I blacked out. I felt my body hit the cold floor. I smelled blood. I heard the clattering of the knife on the ground. One final thing?

"End her."