4. Quill's cousin - Guardians

I walked down the corridor of the ship, vibing to my music player. 'Cherry Bomb' played loudly in my ears. So loudly, I'll admit I didn't even notice all the guards being thrown about. I didn't even hear the guns.

"Hello world, I'm your wild girl, I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!" I sang to myself.

I skipped down a set of metal stairs, singing to myself. I continued to do this until someone took out one earphone. I - without looking at who it was, turned and slapped them in the face.

"Hey, hey, Y/n, it's me, Peter!" the person said as I continued to slap them.

I kicked him in the legs, still not realising who it was, then took off across the cafeteria as fast as I could. Did I forget to mention, I'm in an intergalactic prison. I liked to sneak out of my cell and just roam around with my music player. Another song began to play as I ran. Suddenly, I was blown off my feet by a blast.

"Ha!" I heard a voice shout.

"Rocket you idiot that's Y/n!" I heard the same male voice as before say.

I took out one earphone, and yelled out as I saw a raccoon's face in mine. I stood up, panicking.

"What the hell?" I yelled.

"We've come to rescue you!" the raccoon yelled back.

"Why the hell is there a raccoon with a gun?" I demanded.

"I'm not a raccoon!" the raccoon yelled.

"Then what are you?" I asked.

The raccoon raised his gun and loaded it.

"The name's Rocket. Rocket Raccoon."

Again, I found myself being thrown off of my feet, this time by somebody else. I looked up, then noticed who it was. The familiar green-skinned girl and brown eyes.

"Oh, hey Gamora!" I said.

Gamora smirked.

"At least I've not been forgotten about," she said, helping me to my feet.

Gamora led me to the ship as the other's fought off the guards.

"You remember Quill?" Gamora asked.

"I mean, I haven't seen him in a looong time, but yeah. Peter Quill's my cousin," I replied.

"Wait- since when?" Gamora asked.

"Since I was born..." I murmured, sitting down.

"I thought you were Y/n Smith?" Gamora asked.

"I lied," I admitted, smirking. "It's actually Y/n Quill."

Gamora went over to a table and began doing some crazy holographic things. I just watched her, my music still plugged in through one ear.

"You're even more obsessed with music than Peter is," Gamora commented, turning briefly.

I shrugged as the rest of the group got on the ship. Peter came over to me.

"Hey y/n," he greeted awkwardly.

I stood up, then hugged him. He hugged me back.

"I've missed you, y'know that?" I murmured into his ear.

"I've missed you more..."

We drew back from the hug, and Peter began to introduce me to his team.

"That's Rocket," Peter said, pointing to the raccoon. "And Groot."

The giant tree waved at me, then said, "I am Groot."

"I know," I replied.

"I am Groot!"

I blinked with confusion.

"He says you and Quill look alike," Mantis said, her antennas glowing.

I nodded slowly, then looked over at the man stood in the corner, eating something from a packet.

"That's Drax," Gamora said. "The biggest doofus on the ship."

I saw Drax give Gamora a glare.

"Why were you in prison?" Nebula asked. "Did you kill someone?"

I scoffed.

"I may or may not have accidentally killed 3000 people," I said.

There was an outcry from everyone on the ship.

"I didn't realise I'd placed a bomb. It looked like a pretty rock!" I argued.

"How do you mistake a bomb for a rock?" Nebula demanded.

"How long's a piece of string?" I asked.

"Now I see why they're a Quill!" Rocket scoffed, putting his guns in a locker.

"And they have a raging music obsession," Gamora put in.

I smirked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n

This doesn't really have a meaning, it's just a random idea. I watched GotG 3 and when Rocket dropped that one-liner, I knew I had to make something where he says that. 

Have a nice day/night! :D