:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Twenty-Two

"We're going to get in so much trouble! Oh my god! We're going to be suspended and-" 

"Will you calm down?" Vincent snapped, cutting me off. "Stop being such a goody-goody." 

I glowered at him. "Sorry for not wanting to be in school after I missed two weeks thanks to you!" 

He rolled his eyes. "If you missed two weeks, what would one day matter?" 

"Since I was there this morning! I'll be on the attendance list and you will too! They'll figure out we ditched." 

"Just tell them I kidnapped you." 

"I can't do that, Vincent!" 

He shrugged. "Okay, then I guess you'll just have to get over it." 

I scowled at him for another minute before letting out an angry puff of air. "Fine. Where are we going?" 

"Where do you want to go?" 

"Somewhere we won't be seen." 

A sigh left his lips. "That's no fun. I don't want to go to the park." 

I grinned, giving him an amused look. "The park? There are other places we can go and not be seen. We're not limited to the park." 

"I know that," he retorted. 

"There's, like, the movies," I continued, trying to think of places where I wouldn't be caught. Chances were that anywhere we went we wouldn't be caught, but there was that slight possibility of my parents driving by. 

Vincent smirked, his eyes on the road. "The movies? Like a date?" 

My head snapped toward him. "What? No-" 

"That doesn't sound too bad," he said, cutting me off. "I haven't been on a date in awhile." 

I stared at him, my mouth ajar. "W-wait, Vincent-" 

"The movies it is," he declared, making an illegal u-turn, heading back toward the school. 

"I don't have money for the movies!" 

"It's a date. I pay, Stupid." 

A date? With Vincent? Excitement bubbled up inside of me, but I quickly popped it. He was probably joking around. Why would he want to go on a date with me? "I don't wan to," I stated stubbornly. 

"Too bad." 

"Vincent!" 

"Can't hear you." 

"I don't appreciate being teased!" 

He turned his head, giving me a surprisingly serious look. "I'm not teasing you." 

I blinked back at him. "What?" 

"I've never been on a date with a human," he informed me. "You should feel lucky." 

"I'm not going to feel lucky as a test subject." 

"I didn't mean it like that," he responded, sounding frustrated. "You really know how to hurt someone's ego don't you?" 

My look softened. Did he seriously want to consider this a date? "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. You just surprised me." 

"No one takes you out on dates?" he asked, sounding far too amused by it than my liking. 

"No, they do," I responded, clenching my jaw. "But, you know, they aren't arrogant vampires. And you have to admit, your ego could use a little harming."