:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Fifteen

My shoulder ached uncomfortably as I sat on the couch, watching the rest of The Brothers Grimm- Sebastian's choice. After growing bored of playing videogames, he'd popped in the movie, claiming it was his favorite. Now he was currently dead asleep, his head against my shoulder, his angular jaw pressing right into the hollow spot on my neck. 

Heaviness weighed upon my eyes as I fought to keep myself awake. The day was almost over- that meant Vincent, Fiona, and Joel would be back with the King and Queen to let me know how the trial went. Anxiety washed over me at the thought. What was the verdict? Was it good... or bad? I shook my head vehemently, not allowing myself to think negatively. Positive thoughts led to positive outcomes. 

I winced as Sebastian jerked in his sleep, digging further into my skin. As much as I wanted to shove him off me, the more rational side of me figured he needed sleep, so I left him alone. Shifting slowly, I tried to move his jaw from my shoulder to my arm. To my annoyance, my movement only caused him to lean even more on me. 

"Dang," I muttered, making a face in discomfort. 

Sebastian's head suddenly snapped up, a wild expression adorning his face. He blinked a few times, looking confused. A sigh of relief left my lips as feeling began to return to the numb spot where his jaw had been. 

"Did I fall asleep?" 

"Yep." 

He frowned. "Sorry about that." 

"Don't apologize," I responded with a shrug. "Next time just choose a better movie," I added jokingly. 

Rolling his eyes, he turned back to the television, just as the credits started rolling. "Figures. Are you hungry?" 

"Uh," I hesitated. The last thing I wanted was a repeat of this morning.  

He seemed to sense my unease and a wry smile spread across his face. "Right. Why don't we just let Vincent cook for you when he gets back?" 

A sheepish smile crossed my face. "Sorry, Seb." When I realized I'd called him by his old pet name, my face flushed. "Wait! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" 

"It's fine," he responded with a deep chuckle. "I don't mind if you call me Seb. It's only Fiona." 

A frown quickly replaced my sheepish look. "Sebastian..." 

"Yes?" 

"Um, I don't know if I should say this or not, but... Maybe... Do you think Fiona still calls you by your pet name because she might still have feelings for you?" 

His face went blank at my words. For a moment we sat in an awkward silence. My heart pace began to quicken as I realized maybe I shouldn't have said that. 

"I'm sorry, I-" 

"You think so?" 

I blinked. "What?" 

Sebastian gave me a serious look. "Do you think Fiona might have feelings for me?" 

"I-I can't say for sure," I replied, my eyes widening. "It's just a thought- don't base any reasoning off of it. It's just... Well if she didn't, wouldn't she revert to calling you Sebastian?" 

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Perhaps..." 

"You know, I could try to find out for you..." 

"Find out what?" 

"If she likes you," I explained, dropping my gaze. "I might not be here for much longer, but..." 

A wary expression passed over his face. "I'm not sure."