:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Thirty-Two, Part 1

“Yep, I knew it, you look amazing in plaid,” I stated proudly, hooking Sebastian a thumbs up.

            He frowned, pulling at the collar of his dark green and lime colored plaid shirt. “You said every guy looks good in plaid…”

            “It’s true,” I responded, grinning. “But you look great! That shirt really brings out your eyes too. You look better than most guys anyway. Hmm. You are a vampire though…”

            “Not all vampires are handsome,” he pointed out. “I told you that. And do I have to wear these jeans?”

            I crossed my arms. “Yes you do.”

            “They’re quite uncomfortable.”

            “All guys wear jeans, Sebastian.”

            He gave me a sarcastic look. “Yeah, but these are so stiff. I can barely walk. Why can’t I wear a pair of my other jeans?”

            “Darker jeans look better with that outfit. Now stop complaining. You’re the one who asked me to help you choose an outfit for tonight.”

            “Actually, I do believe I just asked you for advice,” he corrected, running a hand through his shaggy hair. “I think we’re done here.”

            I nudged him in the ribs with my elbow. “You think you’re hot enough now?”

            “I-I wasn’t trying to look hot—”

            “Don’t lie,” I interjected, a smirk slipping onto my face. “You want to look great in front of Fiona tonight. That’s why you asked me.”

            He crossed his arms. “I just figured you would know what girls like her liked to look at.”

            I laughed. “Different girls have different types, Sebastian.”

            “Am I your type?”

            My face gave me away before I could answer, causing Sebastian to laugh. “I’m not interested though,” I snapped at him, feeling embarrassed. “You know I only like Vincent.”

            “Oh I know.”

            “I wish you were my brother,” I said with a sigh. “You’re so much cooler than Jake.”

            He smiled gently at me. “If I was your brother you wouldn’t like me as much, I think. You might act the same way Vincent does.”

            I frowned at him. “It’s not like he hates you.”

            “It’s close.”

            “Not even,” I disagreed, shaking my head. “He definitely cares about you, Sebastian. He just has a hard time showing it. That’s just his personality. Like, he calls me stupid all the time but I know he just continues saying it because it’s his own nickname for me. It’s not meant in an offensive way anymore… Well sometimes it is, but that’s also just his personality.”

            Sebastian stared at me for a moment before ruffling my hair. “I’m glad he found someone like you. I’d hate to see him go on with life without someone who understands him like you do.”

            I pulled his hand off my head, pursing my lips together. “I don’t understand him completely. I don’t even get the gist of him.”