:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 26] //A Vampire Romance//

The phone rang and I stared at it for a few seconds. It was times like these I wish my house phone had called I.D. But we barely used the house phone so it didn't matter. I reached my hand out and picked it up, hesitating slightly before hitting the talk button. "Hello?" I said wearily.

"Maddie!"

I hit the end button and placed down the phone. I know I was being unfair, and I knew I should at least hear Damian out, but I just didn't feel like it at the moment. I sighed and flopped onto my bed. Bad things always happened on rainy days. And it had been raining since that day.

I had already forgiven Damian, even if he had kissed her. There was no way I could be angry with him. That girl Jacky probably couldn't resist his good looks, or had some secret obsession with him. I trusted Damian, and that was all I needed to forgive him. But still.

The phone rang again and I picked it up, clicking the end button without even saying hello. How many times was he going to call? I looked out my window towards his house.

I still wanted a little time to myself.

He had tried coming over a few times, but I didn't answer the door. Luckily he wasn't rude enough to enter without permission. I sighed again and watched the raindrops on the window race down.

I should hear him out. I know I should, but what if it really was as I thought it was? I clenched my fist. There was no way. But I was still afraid of the truth.

Suddenly my door burst open and I shrieked at the dark figure standing in the entrance. I sat up, hopping to my feet, getting into a fighting position as the figure flipped on the light.

"Oh, it's only you," I muttered, relaxing my pose.

"That's some greeting," Ayden responded, frowning at me.

"What do you want?"

"I'm here to get you."

"For what?" I asked warily. "I'm not going to talk to Damian on the phone. There's nothing you can do to force me to either."

"I know," Ayden responded, grinning. "I came here to take you to him."

"I won't," I told him automatically.

"By force," he added with a wink.

I backed away slowly from him as he came closer. He grinned again, showing his fangs.

"Do you think you can get away from me?"

He lunged and I threw myself to the side, avoiding him.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed running for the door.

"Nope!"

Before I even reached the handle I felt his arms wrap around me. I struggled fruitlessly against him for a few seconds before realizing it was useless.

"I'm not going," I stated stubbornly, huffing.

"I'll carry you there," Ayden offered smiling.

"You will not!" I told him, and brought my fist back to punch him.

"I wouldn't-"

I punched him on the shoulder, only to hurt my own fist. "Ow, ow!"

"I tried to warn you," Ayden replied while half smiling. "Besides you're so light even with your resistance I can just pick you up and put you over my shoulder."

"At least I don't weigh two hundred and fifty pounds!"

"That may be true," Ayden agreed gripping my shoulders, "but it is a very mean thing to say about Damian!"