:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Twelve

"Fiona!" Joel hissed, looking alarmed. 

Fiona looked at him, looking confused. "What?" 

"You aren't supposed to tell her!" 

"Why not?" 

He sent me apologetic look. "Nothing against you, Em, but Fiona, she's human. She's not part of the immediate family. No one is supposed to know out of it. I'm not even supposed to know. You know that." 

"But Emily-" 

"Can't know! Shit. What are we supposed to do now?" Joel inquired, running a hand through his messy blonde hair. 

I stared at both of them, eyes wide. "Sebastian killed you, Fiona?" 

She nodded. "Yeah. That's why it's kind of awkward between us. And also why most of the family doesn't like me- because I'm not a pure blood, but I'm still part of the royal family." 

"Why did he kill you?" I asked, feeling my stomach twist uncomfortably. Sebastian was a killer? That was impossible... 

"He-" 

"Fiona!" 

She glared at Joel. "I can tell her if I want to!" 

"No you can't!" 

"Yes I can!" 

"No, you can't Fiona. You could put Emily in danger." 

I blanked at Joel. "Danger? Why?" 

"Because Sebastian is going to be the next king. If someone ever found out he murdered a human, that's the end of it. Then the crown would move to a different relative since neither Fiona nor Vincent can become the heir." 

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why can't Vincent become heir?" 

"He's not qualified," Fiona and Joel told me simultaneously. 

"Oh." 

Joel nodded. "So no one can know what Sebastian did. However, now that Fiona has opened her back mouth..." 

She huffed at him. "It's just Emily!" 

"A human! Who's not even the slightest bit related to us!" 

I held up my hands defensively. "I won't tell anyone!" 

"And we won't tell anyone you know either," he stated firmly, his gaze switching to Fiona. "Right?" 

She pouted at him. "Fine. But-" 

"No buts." 

"What if... What if someone finds out I know?" I asked quietly. "Then what?" 

Joel pulled his eyebrows together. "It's hard to say. Just like how we've never ran into a human whose memory we can't erase, no one has found out about our little royal problem. You're a really troublesome human, huh?" 

I smiled wryly. "I guess so." 

"And she's super anemic. Almost like..." Fiona paused, a curious expression crossing her face. "Em, when was the last time you took your iron supplements?" 

"Yesterday at breakfast," I responded slowly. "Why?" 

She shrugged. "Just wondering. You know, it's best to take them at the same time so you can grow accustomed to-" 

"Stop trying to change the subject, Fiona." 

She pouted, turning to Joel with a petulant mien. "Emily already said she wouldn't tell anyone..." 

"I think we have to tell the King and Queen." 

"No!" 

"Fiona."