:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 27] //A Vampire Romance//

Music suddenly came blasting from the gigantic speakers on either side of me, making me jump and the floor vibrate. I clapped my hands over my ears and winced. I could feel the bass in my chest.

"Callie!" I shouted through the noise, my hands still on my ears.

She cocked her head at me, giving me a questioning look. How she managed to hear me over the mind numbing music, I guessed was due to her vampire senses.

"Turn it down!"

She nodded and spun the dial on the volume so it was a whisper instead of a roar. I uncovered my ears and sighed.

"Stereo, check!" Callie called to Ayden, who was on the other side of the room, placing couches randomly around what seemed to be a dance floor.

I watched mildly amused as he held a couch up with one hand, debating on where he wanted to put it. Eventually he placed it against the wall and brushed his hands.

"Okay. Seating check. Food?"

"Check," Damian's voice came from the kitchen.

"Check," a mocking voice imitated from a dark corner of the room.

"Anti-social teenager with an anger problem?"

"Check," I replied, glancing at Kale, who was brooding and pouring snacks into bowls.

"Shut up," he growled at me as Ayden snickered.

I chuckled and headed towards the kitchen. Damian was at the oven, peering in and looking at something.

"What are you baking?" I asked curiously, walking to his side and looking in. A wave of heat blasted my face and a delicious scent wafted out. "Brownies?"

Damian nodded. "I haven't baked in a long time, so I don't know how they will come out. But I think they're done."

He stuck his bare hand into the oven and I gasped and grabbed his arm.

"What are you doing? Damian!"

"What?" he asked, looking confused.

"Pull it out!"

"Whoa guys, calm down in there! Let's keep it PG!" Ayden shouted, snickering.

"Shut up," I shouted back, still holding Damian's arm, his hand still in the oven. "And you, what are you doing? You're going to burn yourself!"

Damian laughed, easily releasing my grasp on his arm. "I don't think it will matter, but if it makes you feel better then I'll put an oven mitt on."

He opened a drawer and pulled out a new looking oven mitt and slipped it on his hand, and pulled out the brownies. He put them on the counter and put the oven mitt back, shrugging.

I frowned at him and sighed, crossing my arms. "I have a question."

"If that's the case, then I have might an answer."

I smiled. "How come you have all the supplies a normal house would have, although you don't really need any of them?"

Damian smiled mysteriously. I was distracted by it for a moment. I realized it had been a long time since I saw this smile. Finally I pulled myself back together and frowned. "Well?"

"The answer is in the question," Ayden called from the other room.

"Stop listening in on my conversation!" I shouted back, glaring at the wall that was between us. "Geez."

"Think about it," Damian suggested, still smiling.

I did. And I got the answer right away. "To seem normal?"