:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Eleven

"Morning sleepyhead," Sebastian greeted as I trudged into the kitchen the next morning. "You look like death. Did the storm keep you up?" 

My eyes shot to Vincent, who was at the table already, eating a plate of scrambled eggs. "A little bit," I murmured, dropping my gaze. 

Sebastian chuckled. "I thought so. Your heart was beating awfully fast. I would have kept you comfort but..." 

"Ah, no, that's okay," I responded quickly. "You probably had more important things to do." 

"Mm," he replied noncommittally. "If you ever need someone, don't hesitate to call me. I'll hear you." 

I smiled at him. "Well thank you." 

Vincent snorted loudly, earning a glare from his brother. Ignoring him, I headed towards the stove where a pan of scrambled eggs resided. After scooping a generous helping onto a convenient plate, I sat down across from Vincent. He pushed the saltshaker towards me. I gave him a quizzical look. 

"It needs salt. Sebastian can't cook." 

"I never claimed I could," Sebastian interjected smoothly. "Emily, have a nice day. Don't let Vincent take you out of the manor again though, next time you won't get away with it so easily. I have to go see the court." 

My ears perked up. "The court?" 

He gave me a sympathetic smile. "Not about you." 

My shoulders sagged. "Oh." 

"I'm sorry," he apologized, ruffling my hair. "A few more days and then you can go home." 

"Don't give her so much hope," Vincent snapped. "There's the chance she might not be able to." 

I glowered at him. "If that happens, I'm running away. I'm not staying here forever!" 

He rolled his eyes. "You think you can outrun any of us?" 

"Don't worry, Em, I'll make sure you can go home," Sebastian cut in, sending his brother a disapproving look. "I promise." 

I stared at him, the corners of my lips turning down into a frown. For reasons I wasn't aware of, he looked completely determined to make his words pull through. After throwing me another gentle smile he left the kitchen. Blinking in confusion, I returned to my breakfast. 

"So I was watching a movie yesterday," Vincent started, breaking the silence that had settled in. 

I raised an eyebrow. Since when did Vincent chat so easily with me? "And?" 

"It was about this girl that got kidnapped," he continued, his lips curling up into a smirk. "She reminded me quite a bit of you. Screaming and fighting at first, but then almost immediately she became comfortable with her kidnappers." 

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" 

He shrugged. "I don't know. I just figured you would like to know you aren't abnormal for coming to be amiable with your kidnappers." 

I pushed my eggs around with my fork for a moment, licking my lips. "It is a little weird, huh." 

"I don't know." 

"I think it'd be different if you guys were actually causing harm to me. That and the fact you look around my age. It's hard to take a kidnapper my age serious." 

His smug grin grew wider. "You were taking it pretty serious at first. Screaming and crying." 

I scowled at him. "I think that was more about the fact you guys are vampires."