||5||

Anushka and Abhay were peacefully sleeping on the bed, a barrier of pillows separating them in their slumber. Suddenly, a loud bang on the door disrupted their rest.

Half-asleep, Abhay mumbled, Kaun hai yaar, koi chain se sone bhi nahi deta.

He got up, opened the door, and found Adarsh standing there.

Bhai, itni raat ko aap yaha kya kar rahe ho? Don't tell me ki Freedom ne aapko kamre se nikal diya. Dekhiye, ab meri bhi shaadi ho gayi hai, aise accha nahi lagta, Abhay joked.

Adarsh smacked his head and replied, Abe duffer, hospital chalna hai.

Itni raat ko? Abhay asked.

Gadhe, hum chachu ban ne wale hai. Jaya bhabhi is in labor. Maa, papa, bhai yeh sab bhabhi ko lekar hospital gaye hai. Chal jaldi, aur haan, Anushka ko le le saath mein. Jaldi aa, main niche wait kar raha hoon, Adarsh explained and left in a hurry.

Abhay, excited about becoming an uncle, woke up Anushka by gently jerking her. She opened her eyes, slightly annoyed, and asked, Kya hua? Tumhe raat ko daure padte hai kya?

Nahi, par hume hospital jaana hai, Abhay informed.

Kyun, jhaadu lagani hai vaha? Anushka teased.

Nahi, dumbo, it's time. Baby aane wala hai, Abhay revealed.

Anushka's eyes widened with excitement, and she immediately jumped on the bed.

Bandar ki tarah baad mein kud lena abhi chale? Abhay chuckled.

Haan, chalo! Anushka replied eagerly, and together they left for the hospital.

The tension outside the labor room was palpable as Jaiveer paced nervously. The audible screams of Jaya echoed through the corridor. Shailee, sensing her son's anxiety, placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Don't worry, she will be alright, she assured.

I know, Maa, but uske liye kitna painful hai yeh sab, Jaiveer replied, his concern etched on his face.

Haan, lekin jab vo apne bacche ko dekhegi na, toh uska saara dard khushi mein badal jaayega, Shailee comforted him with a reassuring smile.

Meanwhile, Niranjan, Abhay, and Adarsh were engaged in a playful argument about whether the newborn would be a girl or a boy. Abhay insisted, Dekh lena ladka hi hoga,  while Adarsh and Niranjan were adamant that it would be a girl.

Swadheenta and Anushka, witnessing the humorous bickering, exchanged amused glances and rolled their eyes. Anushka, overwhelmed with happiness and nervousness, shared her concern with Swadheenta.

Bhabhi, Jaya bhabhi ko kitna dard ho raha hoga na, Anushka expressed her sympathy.

Swadheenta, smiling at her, replied lovingly, Haan, lekin dekhna, she will be the happiest when she sees her child.

Anushka nodded in understanding, and then, contemplating Jaiveer's feelings for Jaya, she asked, Jaiveer bhaiya bahut karte hai na bhabhi se?

Swadheenta smiled knowingly, Haan, he madly loves her.

Anushka mused, They are couple goals.

Swadheenta agreed, Tumhe pata hai, Jaiveer bhai Jaya bhabhi se pyar nahi karte thay. They did not talk with each other until their 9 months of marriage lekin ab dekho.

Just as they were discussing, the cries of a baby pierced the air. A nurse emerged from the labor room, cradling a small bundle in her arms.

Congratulations! It's a girl, she announced with a warm smile.