||2||

Adarsh hurriedly buttoned up his shirt's wrist button as he descended the stairs, lost in his thoughts about the day ahead. Oblivious to his surroundings, he collided with someone, and the sudden shriek made him snap out of his reverie. In an instinctive move, he reached out and held the hands of the person, pulling her towards him to prevent a fall.

Stunned, he looked into the most beautiful pair of eyes he had ever seen. The girl he just saved was equally surprised, caught off guard by the sudden collision. As they locked eyes, time seemed to stand still, and Adarsh found himself mesmerized by her beauty.

Meanwhile, the girl, Swadheenta, who was entering the house, felt a strong hand grasping hers. Expecting to hit the ground, she was surprised to be pulled towards someone. Her eyes met Adarsh's, and they found themselves in a momentary trance. The world around them blurred, and for a heartbeat, it was just the two of them.

However, their brief reverie was interrupted by a throat clearing. They quickly parted, and Adarsh realized that Jaya was standing nearby with a mischievous smile. He understood that his bhabhi was going to tease him about the unexpected encounter.

Just then, Shailee entered the scene and addressed Jaya, Aree Jaya beta, maine tumhe Adarsh ko bulane bheja tha. She noticed Adarsh standing with Swadheenta and smiled warmly at the girl. Aree Swadheenta, welcome bacche! Tum kab aayi?

Swadheenta, still slightly flustered from the collision, replied, Good morning ma'am. Main abhi abhi aayi.

Shailee smiled at her warmly and introduced her to Adarsh and Jaya, Adarsh, Jaya, this is Swadheenta Ramakrishnan, meri assistant, and one of the best criminal lawyers I've come across.

Both Adarsh and Jaya looked at Swadheenta, and she modestly looked down, a bit overwhelmed by the praise. Jaya extended a friendly greeting, Hello Swadheenta.

Swadheenta nodded in acknowledgment.

Shailee continued, Swadheenta, yeh mera beta Adarsh hai, and this is my elder daughter-in-law, Jaya.

Adarsh extended his hand for a handshake, and Swadheenta hesitantly shook hands with him. In that moment, Adarsh felt a jolt of electricity pass through him, and he couldn't help but be mesmerized by Swadheenta's presence. Little did he know, this unexpected encounter was about to change the course of his day in more ways than one.

The dining table was set for breakfast, and the family members gathered around. Niranjan, Abhay, and Jaiveer exchanged confused glances as they noticed a new face among them. Shailee, always the introducer, took the lead.

Pointing towards Swadheenta, who sat with a calm demeanor, Shailee said, This is Swadheenta, my assistant.

Niranjan, Abhay, and Jaiveer nodded in acknowledgment, exchanging polite smiles.

Shailee continued, And Swadheenta, this is my husband, Niranjan, my sons - the elder one, Jaiveer, and the youngest one, Abhay. She gestured towards each of them in turn.

Swadheenta nodded graciously, acknowledging the introductions with a polite smile.

Abhay, with his usual dramatic flair, spoke up, Hello Swadheenta! I am Abhay. Naam toh suna hi hoga. He flashed a charming grin.

Swadheenta, amused by his theatrics, replied, Nahi, lekin aapse milke accha laga. Laughter erupted around the table at their banter. However, Adarsh, sitting quietly, was not as amused. He observed Abhay's playful interaction with Swadheenta and felt a twinge of discomfort.

Jaya, noticing the subtle tension, decided to tease Adarsh a bit. Kya hua, Adarsh bhaiya? Aap Abhay ko aise ghur kyun rahe hai? she inquired innocently.