||1||

The office of the Collector, exuded an air of authority and efficiency. The walls adorned with framed accolades and certificates spoke of sincerity and honesty towards job. 

Nikunj Verma, the diligent personal assistant, entered the room with a file in hand. He swiftly placed it on the collector's desk, underneath the nameplate proudly displaying 

"IAS ADARSH SINHA"

Adarsh Sinha, a man of stature and authority, entered the room with purpose. He settled into his leather chair and eyed the file that lay before him. With a deliberate move, he reached for the file, flipping it open to scrutinize its contents. As he perused the documents, his expression shifted from concentration to disapproval.

Closing the file with a resounding thud, Adarsh couldn't contain his frustration. He raised his eyes, fixating on the nameplate on his desk as if seeking strength from it. Taking a deep breath, he dialed Nikunj's number, his irritation palpable.

Nikunj rushed into the office as soon as he received the call. Aapne bulaya sir? he inquired respectfully.

Adarsh, without wasting a moment, asked sternly, Nikunj, yeh file kaun laaya? His gaze bore into Nikunj, expecting an immediate answer.

Nikunj, standing at attention, replied, Sir, yeh file toh maine rakhi hai lekin mujhe yeh Mr. Kishore Sethi ka secretary de ke gaya hai.

Adarsh closed his eyes briefly, suppressing his frustration. He reopened them and sighed deeply. Aaj ke baad agar unke office se koi bhi aaye, toh usse aane mat dena. Aur haan, yeh file approve nahi hogi, is that clear? Adarsh's voice carried a hint of disappointment.

Nikunj nodded firmly, understanding the gravity of the situation. Yes, sir, he affirmed. With a sense of determination, Nikunj turned to leave the cabin, leaving Adarsh Sinha alone with the repercussions of a decision made.

Adarsh wearily stepped into his home, the familiar scent of comfort enveloping him. His parents, Niranjan and Shailee, were seated in the living room, engaged in a conversation. Jaya, Adarsh's bhabhi, emerged from the kitchen, balancing a tray of tea and snacks. As she approached, she noticed Adarsh's early arrival.

Arre Adarsh bhaiya, aaj aap jaldi kaise aa gaye? she exclaimed with a warm smile, setting the tray on the coffee table.

Adarsh, offering a tired but genuine smile, replied, Aise hi, bhabhi. Thoda headache ho raha tha, isiliye aa gaya.

Jaya, concerned, suggested, Toh aap fresh ho jaaiye tab tak main aapke liye acchi si chai banati hoon. What say?

Adarsh chuckled, Ah! Well, this is the best thing. Thank you, bhabhi. With that, he made his way to his room.

Observing her son's worn-out demeanor, Shailee exchanged a glance with Niranjan. Jaya, noticing the unspoken concern, decided to offer her assistance.

As Jaya prepared to follow Adarsh to his room, Shailee approached her with a gentle request, Jaya, bacche, would you mind agar yeh chai main le jaau? She gave a knowing look, hinting at the desire for a private conversation.

Jaya laughed lightly, Ohh ho maa, why would I mind? The two women shared a moment of understanding.

Hmm, toh laao phir. Aaj chai main leke jaati, I need to talk to him – some mother-son talk, Shailee expressed with a soft smile.

Jaya playfully wished her luck, All the best, maa. I hope yeh mother-son important talks aaj successful ho. Shailee affectionately pinched Jaya's cheeks before heading towards Adarsh's room, ready for a heart-to-heart conversation with her son.

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Adarsh sat in his room, engrossed in the contents of the file spread across his desk. A soft knock on the door interrupted his focus, and as he looked up, he saw his mother, Shailee, standing at the doorway. A warm smile crossed his face.

Mom, aap? he greeted her, surprised but pleased.

Kyun? Main apne Addu se milne nahi aa sakti? Shailee teased, entering the room.

Adarsh chuckled, Of course, mom. Aap hamesha welcome ho.

Shailee handed him a tray carrying a steaming cup of tea and some snacks. Chal ab bata kya hua? she inquired, concern etched on her face.

He looked at his mother, sighed, and then opened up, Mom, you know I always wanted to become an IAS officer.

Shailee affectionately caressed his cheek, I know, beta. We are so proud of you.

He smiled, kissed her hand, and then asked a question that had been weighing on his mind, Mom, duniya mein bure log kyun hote hai?

Shailee was taken aback by the depth of the question. Kyunki jaha acchai hoti hai, vaha burai bhi hoti hai, she explained. 

Adarsh says further, Par unn bure logo ki wajah se hamesha acche logo ka nuksaan hota hai.

Shailee nodded, Haan, maana hota hai, lekin unn bure logo ko saza dene ke liye aur acche logo ki madad karne ke liye hi toh tum IAS bane ho na, aur mujhe mere bete ki kabiliyat pe pura bharosa hai.

He smiled at his mother's comforting words, grateful for her unwavering support. Changing the subject, he asked, Accha, ab batao aap aur dad niche kya baat kar rahe thay? Main dekha, you both are exchanging glances.

Shailee sighed, Hum teri shaadi ke baare mein baat kar rahe thay.

Adarsh groaned, Mom, please abhi nahi. Aur haan, vo khadus Sushma aunty ko vaapis mat bulana, unhone bhabhi ke saath accha behave nahi kiya tha.

Shailee laughed, Haan, unhe nahi bulaya hai

Adarsh says, Aur please mujhe abhi shaadi ke liye force mat kariye, please.

Shailee smiled, Bacche, tuje kisi din toh sochna padega. You need someone to share your ups and downs, happiness, and sorrows. Think about it.

He nodded, realizing the truth in his mother's words. They continued their conversation, sharing laughter and love, as Shailee imparted her wisdom to her thoughtful son.

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Shailee stepped out of Adarsh's room, finding Niranjan, Abhay, Jaiveer, and Jaya gathered in the hallway, awaiting her with curious expressions. She raised an eyebrow at their collective presence.

What? Aap sab yaha aise kyun khade ho? she questioned, scanning their faces for any clues.

Niranjan spoke up, Kya kaha usne?

Shailee sighed, Usne kaha ki usse sochne ke liye time chahiye.

A collective sigh echoed through the hallway, and Niranjan couldn't resist expressing his impatience, Kitna time chahiye usse? Buddha ho jaayega aise toh.

Abhay couldn't help but giggle at his father's remark. Niranjan turned to him, a mischievous glint in his eye, Ek kaam karte hai, Abhay ki shaadi karwa dete hai.

Abhay choked on his own breath, coughing loudly in surprise. Jaya, Shailee, and Jaiveer burst into laughter at Abhay's expense.

Dad, why are you being the matrimonial website? Aapne kar li na shaadi, aap apni biwi ke saath khush raho. Muhje kyun fasa rahe ho? Abhay retorted dramatically, making everyone laugh even more.

As usual, everyone rolled their eyes at Abhay's theatrical response, and the laughter continued, filling the house with warmth and humor. 

Hello! everyone!

Tell me how's the chapter. Do read it!

And Vote for it

Thank You!