||3||

JAIPUR ROYAL UNIVERSITY

Jwala sits just behind Inder, observing his interaction with Malishka and overhearing the exchange. As she watches Inder flirt with Malishka and give her his number, she can't help but silently comment to herself.

Jwala: (inwardly) Waah, yeh dekho, chhote yuvraj aate hi shuru ho gaye. Aur Nishu di kehti thi ke unke devar sahab bahut shareef hain. Sab ladke ek jaise hote hain. Thank god, main inse mili hi nahi... 

Unbeknownst to Jwala, she doesn't realize she's the focus of Inder's thoughts, despite her belief that she's not making an impact on anyone.

The function proceeds, and everyone enjoys the event. Malishka and her group of girls sit behind Jwala, allowing her to overhear their conversation. Malishka boasts to her friends about obtaining the number from the prince, declaring, "See, girls, I got the number of the prince. I knew since the time he entered he was interested in me..."

Jwala: (scoffing in her mind) Of course, a nibbi like her would get the nibba guy like him could be interested in her...

Despite the superficial impressions and boastful claims, Jwala maintains her composed and detached attitude, uninterested in such attention-seeking behavior.

The function nears its end, but the prestigious moment of prize distribution remains pending. The dean steps forward, holding a microphone, his voice resounding through the hall.

Dean: Ladies and gentlemen, we shall now proceed towards the most prestigious awards of the evening. For that, I would like to welcome Prince Inder Singh Suryavanshi to do the honors.

As the dean's voice echoes across the hall, Inder rises from his seat, drawing the attention of everyone. The girls are captivated by his aura, his physique, and the way he carries himself, while the boys grumble with jealousy. He gracefully makes his way towards the stage, exuding an air of confidence and charm.

Inder: (into the mic) It will be my pleasure to give the awards to the brilliant students.

Applause erupts as the dean proceeds to announce the names of the awardees. The first award goes to Nikhil Mehra for achieving the highest score in Economics. Nikhil walks up to the stage to receive the award from Prince Inder.  Inder congratulates him, and Nikhil, elated, heads back to his seat.

The next award is announced: "The best class representative throughout the year." The recipient, Piyali Saxena, receives the award from Inder, and amidst applause, she too returns to her place after Inder congratulates her.

One by one, the other deserving students are called upon and receive their awards. As the event nears its conclusion, the most significant award of the night is announced.

Dean: And now, for the most important award of the night, recognizing the best student, topper, and all-rounder for two consecutive years. This award goes to the most brilliant and super-talented student, Jwala Gangwal...

The mention of Jwala's name resounds throughout the hall. She, sitting at the back, is taken aback, her heart racing with a mix of surprise and pride.

Dean: ...for her outstanding achievements in all subjects.

The spotlight shifts to Jwala, who, in a moment of disbelief, slowly makes her way towards the stage as the audience applauds her achievements. In an unexpected twist, Inder's heartbeat quickens, and his gaze shifts abruptly toward the spotlight where Jwala sits. 

As her name is mentioned, Jwala rises from her seat, gracefully making her way towards the stage. Each step she takes seems to quicken Inder's pulse, leaving him speechless as the girl who has captivated his thoughts approaches the stage.