Chapter 5 - Your Nightmare

Previously, on the Reverse 1999, Chapter 4:

The song of children fills the air, their angelic voices singing happily and boldly. Their spirits are bright and full of life like a fresh flower in the morning. Their voices sound like the song of angels, pure and untouched by the world. Their angelic voices ringing out in unison with the song of childhood. Beautiful and pure, their voices harmonize with nature and melt into the warm embrace of the day. A peaceful, sunny day fills the school with children's laughter. Their innocent melodies brought joy to all those who heard it.

Trapped in the blissful ignorance of a sanctuary, the children of St. Pavlov Foundation lived in their own world unburdened by the troubles of the outside world. Shrouded in their happy trance, they seemed oblivious to everything but the comfort and safety that the institution provided. Confined to the grounds of the foundation, the senses can become muffled and the mind can grow foggy, leaving one feeling disconnected from the outside world. 

This fog might make it difficult to feel like oneself, making it difficult to focus and remain present. Additionally, the foundation's walls create a limited view of the outside world, hindering one's ability to properly perceive reality. Within the walls of St. Pavlov Foundations, the children were sheltered from the dangers and distractions of the outside world, allowing their innocent, blissful nature to reign supreme.

He could still picture it as if it was happening right in front of him. The laughter, the joy, the carefree attitude that they all possessed. They were the closest of friends, bonded by their innocent childhood curiosity. They shared their secrets and dreams, their fears and aspirations. They had their own little world within the walls of St. Pavlov, sheltered from the outside world. They were young and full of possibility, their innocent minds yet untouched by the cruelties of the outside world. They were there, together, witnessing each other's growth and celebrating each other's successes.

The one they called Ring seemed content with his name, despite its mysterious origins. He was leaning against the wall, relaxed and at ease and quite content with his identity, even if his name might have been a bit unusual.  His head was topped by the ring. His hands were casually resting in his school uniform pajama pockets, showing no sign of discomfort or self-consciousness. His attitude was one of calm confidence, as if he had fully embraced himself and the unique name that he carried. Ring stood, taking in the scenery around him with a somewhat vacant expression, as if he wasn't really processing any thoughts at all. His contented air exuded a certain sense of self-acceptance, as if the mystery of the name and its origin no longer seemed to matter to him.

Ring saw the gray-greenish haired girl approaching him. He knew that she was probably escaping the class again today, a classic for her and it never got old. Ring found her curiosity beyond these walls quite amusing and he envied her in that regard. She was a bit nosy about everything outside the walls of the foundation and he liked that about her, it was an interesting trait to have. As he looked at her, his expression softened slightly, taking in her curious aura as if he wished he could explore the world that she seemed to find so fascinating outside the foundation's walls.

Vertin approached Ring with a sense of pride and excitement. She was showing off her new findings from outside the walls and Ring couldn't help but feel a bit jealous of her, her fascination with everything beyond the walls seemed never-ending. She proudly displayed her findings, which seemed to be a few leaves and some small rocks.