Chapter 12 - Memoriae Cineris

Previously, on the Reverse 1999, Chapter 11:

Every Storm has its own side effect on everyone in the era they are in. The 20th-century Storm was no exception, causing a number of people to suffer from a mysterious illness known as the 'Storm Syndrome'. Storm Syndrome has a variety of symptoms, including extreme sleepiness, paranoia, anxiety, forgetfulness, hallucinations, and in more severe cases, even death. Despite the devastating effects of the Storm, some individuals were mysteriously immune to it completely. But mostly, didn't.

As a consequence of being immune to the Storm, Y/N was subject to the effects of the Storm Syndrome. This resulted in everyone forgetting him each time the Storm occurred. Y/N was resigned to his fate, accepting that he would always be forgotten. That must have been a tough situation for Y/N to be in. As an individual who is immune to Storm Syndrome, he is also constantly at risk of being forgotten by those he encounters in future eras. Having to re-introduce himself and rebuild relationships is no easy task, especially in a world that is already constantly in flux. Additionally, the threat of eventually being forgotten by even the Timekeeper herself must have been particularly anxiety-inducing for Y/N. This makes his journey through different eras even more special and significant.

Y/N's immunity to the Storm is linked to his existence in the current era. Vertin's suitcase is a safe haven and any person who enters it. However, If Y/N decided to get into Vertin's suitcase, his ability to survive the Storm would be rendered useless. The act of getting into the suitcase would be equivalent to "entering the next century" and thus Y/N would get reversed and disappear with everyone else. Y/N must always be outside of the Timekeeper's suitcase in order to survive the storm. Therefore, it is not advisable for Y/N to enter Vertin's suitcase, as he would potentially be putting himself at risk.

Because of Y/N's ability to navigate through multiple Eras, he has lived numerous different lives, encountering and experiencing many different situations and events. Stuck in a constant loop of repetition and unable to escape it, Y/N has become generally bored and lonely. He finds himself constantly choosing different paths, yet it all feels the same due to having lived through so much time alone, without being able to find lasting connections and relationships. Additionally, the constant feeling of being "lost in time" can be particularly disorientating and confusing. This can be especially difficult for Y/N to deal with, This is the disadvantage of being immune to the Storm and its side effects. Constantly being lost in time, without realizing it, and unable to escape can be frustrating and emotionally draining for Y/N. Despite knowing that he is immune to the storm, Y/N still finds himself isolated and alone. This can take a toll on his mental well-being.

Who knows how old is Y/N now? With the constant repetition of the same day and years, he stopped counting how old he was. Due to the ever-changing nature of time, Y/N struggles to keep track of his own age. He has survived countless era changes and has experienced an amalgamation of centuries. His age is a mystery, and it is difficult to say how old he truly is. With so much knowledge and life experiences gathered over the years, even Y/N himself may not be able to give an accurate answer. He could potentially be hundreds of years old, while also being mentally and physically only in his twenties.

Due to his constant research on the Storm and the Storm Syndrome these past countless years, Y/N's knowledge and intelligence have probably reached unprecedented levels. It's possible that he has accumulated more knowledge than the Timekeeper herself. Y/N has always been a secretive and enigma individual, and with the knowledge he has gathered over the years, it's probable that he could be hiding valuable information. His motivations for hiding such crucial information are unknown, and it's possible that he is using his superior knowledge for his own benefit. Having witnessed the multiple effects of the Storm on individuals throughout the years may have given Y/N an advantage and a better understanding of the Storm.