Chapter 20 - Freedom! Long Live Liberty!

"It's a dark and dreary day. The sky is dull and gray. It's as if the sun has forgotten me. And the rain? The rain reminds me of tears. Tears of lost memories. A rain of amnesia. It seems as though I'm in a state of disarray. Nothing makes sense anymore."

"Being alone for a while is dangerous. It's addicting. Once you see how peaceful it is, you don't want to be around people anymore."

"I must be in a deep slumber. My dreams seem to blur. I can't seem to remember where I've been. A strange fog has settled in. A fog of nothingness. An amnestic rain. I'm lost, with no direction. Only darkness remains. And only the rain seems to remember..."

"Memories of things past are gone. Nothing remains from my previous life. Just emptiness. I've lost track of everything. Lost track of my past. Who am I? I don't know anymore. Lost and confused. The rain continues to pour down with nothing but sadness..."

"My memory may be foggy. And my recollection may be hazy. But there is one thing that stands true. My desire to tell tales. To weave intricate tales of wonder and beauty. To bring joy and sorrow. To make the listener experience a multitude of emotions. To give voice to the voiceless. To shine light onto the dark corners. To narrate these last pieces of my memory. I am Y/N. And I shall be your guide into a realm of imagination and absurdity. Sit back and enjoy the tale. For it will be one wild ride."

REVERSE: 1999 - LOST IN TIME - CHAPTER 20: Freedom! Long Live Liberty!

"I-.. I don't know what to say but... Vertin, It's just a harmless joke..." At this point, Y/N was feeling the heat of her anger and it was visible on his face as there was genuine regret for what had happened. He did not anticipate that his joke would escalate up to this level and that it would actually spark her anger to this point. Tempest now realized the consequences of his actions and he began to think this was not a good idea at all. He began to apologize for his wrongdoings to ease her anger. 

Vertin's anger was still apparent and she wasn't planning on letting him off the hook so easily. She stared at him with a stern and angry look, the palm mark on his cheek was still visible and the slap hurt like hell. She had no remorse for her actions and she was feeling absolutely justified in what she had just done.

And what's more. Vertin was absolutely furious with Y/N and she definitely wasn't buying into his excuse. It was a typical excuse that most people give to try and justify their actions, but Vertin wasn't letting him get away with that this time. She remained quite livid as she spoke to him in a very loud and angry voice, "It's just a harmless joke??" She barked. "Do you have any idea how it felt for me when I realized that my suitcase that I had hidden very carefully was suddenly gone?!"

Y/N is quiet and silent, he isn't replying back to her angry outburst and her loud rants. He knows that now it's better to just shut up and listen to what she has to say rather than responding back to her. He doesn't want to escalate the situation further by adding fuel to the fire and making her even more angrier. Vertin's anger is growing with each word that she speaks and if he doesn't want to face the consequences of that, he needs to stay silent. He will not speak and will continue to remain silent.