Chapter 4 - Shattered Memory

Previously, on the Reverse 1999, 

"Hmm... The story ends here..." Tempest remarks, baffled by the abrupt ending of the diary entry. It's as if the story was cut off mid-phrase and without any resolution whatsoever. This is quite puzzling to him, making him wonder if there's more to the story and what really happened to the person who wrote the diary entry.

The story ends here? What the hell?? Who thought this would be the end? The main character, the one responsible for all this adventure and excitement. They're not even dead yet! What kind of story just ends while things are still heating up? What kind of bullshit is this? Who's ending the story? And why are they doing that? Oh, it's just a joke, right? A clever way to break the fourth wall and engage some directly. 

Tempest continues to read through the pages of the diary, desperately hoping to find some answers or hint of what may have happened after the final entry.

Tempest can't help but ponder this ominous final entry. What did the person writing down this diary entry mean by jumping into the abyss? Was it a metaphorical expression that referred to a mental state or a spiritual journey? Or was it meant to be taken literally, as if the person jumped off a cliff or building and tumbled down to their demise?

The answer is unclear, but the mere thought is unsettling. Tempest continues to mull over the possibility and considers every potential reason for such a haunting final note.

"What did they mean by jumping into the abyss?" Tempest remarks to himself, puzzled by the vague wording used in the final diary entry. Was it a literal action that the person took, or was it a abstract description of something else? It's hard to say for sure.

Tempest reflects upon the entries he had just read and their contents. He is left with more questions than answers and is still unsure of what really happened to the author in the end.

"And the participants of this nightmare... Who are they? When I reconstructed the scene, the anomaly occurred and their faces were barely visible. Each of their names flew out of the window, making it impossible to tell who was involved. Therefore, the story in the notebook is a complete exaggeration." Tempest's observations now have him further considering the contents of the notebook. 

He is left feeling puzzled and annoyed with how dull the events were described. Their faces are not clear and their names remain an enigma, which only adds to the mystery of this situation. What are their identities and why did the names of participants fly into the window while the faces were blurry and obscure?

When Tempest was referring to using 'they,' he was referring to the mysterious author of the diary. It's unclear whether they were a male, female or several individuals working together. For now, it's best to use the pronoun 'they' as a general term for the person behind these entries as both their gender and name are unknown. This ambiguity only makes the whole situation more intriguing and the identity of the person who wrote this diary remains an unsolved puzzle.

As Tempest flips to the next page in the notebook, he is met with a blank page. The story of Green Lake has ended here and he is unable to find any further information about the mysterious events that took place. He is now unsure if there are anymore pages to this story or if the author had just finished writing the last entry and was done with the entire thing. Tempest's curiosity and desire to learn more about this strange and ominous scenario is now left unfulfilled and he is left even more curious and puzzled.