Chapter 13 - False Hope

Previously, on the Reverse 1999, Chapter 12:

INSERT SOUNDTRACK: (果たされなかった夢-Unfufilled Dreams-The Cockpit Music)

Even if the world around us seems dark and gloomy, there is a glimpse of the light. It is in this hope that we find happiness, love, and companionship. With enough determination, even the darkest of times can have a happy ending. Sometimes it takes a leap of faith, but that is what makes it so special when it pays off. The possibility of a better future always remains. It is not guaranteed but there is the potential for one. In the end, hope is what keeps us moving forward. It is the promise of a brighter tomorrow that keeps the spirit alive. a chance for the dawn to come. Believing in yourself is all you need, You may stumble at first but you might just be surprised by what you find the thing that caused you to stumble in the first place.

The path we walk is never an easy one. There are many twists and turns along the way to our destination. And it can be difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel when faced with obstacles and setbacks. But when you keep moving forward with an open heart, trusting in the light you can't see, you will eventually find your way out. Because no matter how dark it may seem, there is always hope. You just have to let yourself believe in it.

The world is filled with people who don't believe us. People who think we're crazy because we remember this person who everyone else says doesn't exist. But we know what we believe is true. We know that this person exists because we remember him. The world may call us crazy, but we are just trying to prove ourselves to be right. We are just trying to find validation for our memories. It can be frustrating, and often times we feel like giving up. But we keep trying because we just know that this is the truth...

Vertin was definitely in that situation, finally finding her long-lost friend, whom everyone said didn't exist. But Vertin knew that this person existed, that she had known him. She knew that the memories she had of him were completely real. She was so frustrated, nobody believed her and everyone treated her like she was crazy. But she just kept trying, she kept trying to find her friend and prove that she was right all along.... Eventually, she succeeded. She found her friend and they were reunited once again.  she found her friend once again... Her friend was there in her arms once more and Vertin was not going to let him go again.

She was definitely not going to let him go. Not after all she went through, all these years of loneliness, she is definitely not going to let him go again. She is going to hold on to him tightly because she knows this moment is only temporary and they could lose each other if she wasn't careful. If they were once again separated, she couldn't take it. The thought of losing him again is just unbearable. Their bond is stronger than ever before. After all the hardship, they finally reunited once more. Vertin was holding on tight to him, with no plans to ever let go.  He was real, he was here all along and he came back for her... She was not going to let him go. She was going to stay with him for as long as she could... For as long as they can be together...

While Y/N knew that this was just temporary, he couldn't help but feel the heartbreak coming. He knew that the storm syndrome was going to override everyone's memory and he would be forgotten as if it never happened in the first place, their memories of each other would be erased once again. He already made a promise with Vertin not to let go, but sooner or later he has to break that promise yet again. The heartbreaking feeling of losing Vertin after reuniting with her once more was too much for Y/N to bear... Storm Syndrome would force them to separate in the end.