twenty nine

In the dimly lit corridor outside Yuna's room, an unspoken tension lingered between them

In the dimly lit corridor outside Yuna's room, an unspoken tension lingered between them. The weight of unspoken words filled the air as they exchanged polite goodnights.

However, as Hongjoong turned to leave, frustration overcame him."I can't do this," he confessed, the strain evident in his voice. Yuna responded with a breathy laugh, mirroring his sentiments.

Their vulnerability became the unspoken bridge between them.He sighed, gently tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

The moment hung in the balance as he found the courage to express what had been lingering between them for far too long.

"Yuna," he began, his voice carrying the weight of years of unexpressed emotions. "I've liked you for as long as I can remember. Tonight just made everything more complicated. I know I haven't been the greatest or sweetest person in your life, but if you allow me to, I want to try. I want to be a better boyfriend. If you allow me to, of course. If you don't want to, it's fine, we can-"

"Hongjoong," she said softly, cutting him off with an amused smile as she grabbed his hand.

"You may not have been perfect, but tonight, this confession, it means a lot. I never expected this to happen, but there's something undeniable between us. And I appreciate your honesty. Yes, let's navigate this together. Let's face the complexities, and, as you said, let's try to be better for each other."

Their admission became a bridge between them, connecting their shared past to an uncertain but hopeful future. Hongjoong nodded, playing with her fingers.

"Yeah."

Yuna felt as happy as she could, her cheeks hurting from smiling but couldn't stop either.

"So...do you want to come inside?"

do you want to come inside?"

😏😏