eight

As the grand event came to a close, Yuna found herself finally able to sit down and relax

Nayeon, her ever-observant friend, noticed Yuna subtly adjusting her heels.

"Are those heels bothering you?" Nayeon asked, concern in her eyes.

Yuna chuckled, "I'll survive the night. It's the price of elegance, I guess."

Their conversation was interrupted by a waitress who approached Yuna with a discreet tap on her shoulder. "Ms. Cho?"

Yuna turned, curious. The waitress handed her a small, elegantly wrapped box. "Someone asked me to deliver this to you."

Yuna's eyebrows furrowed as she accepted the box. "Who sent this?"

The waitress replied, "I was asked not to mention, ma'am." With that, she discreetly retreated, leaving Yuna puzzled.

Nayeon, with a mischievous smile, teased, "Ooh, do you have a secret admirer?"

Yuna shrugged, intrigued yet bemused. They found a quiet spot to sit, and Yuna carefully unwrapped the box.

To her surprise, inside were a pair of heels identical to the ones she wore, but a size bigger.

Nayeon arched an eyebrow. "Well, someone observed you pretty well."

Yuna, holding the larger heels, pondered. "I wonder who sent these. Whoever it is, I hope they get everything they want and more. This is exactly what I needed tonight."

With a relief-filled smile, Yuna exchanged her slightly uncomfortable heels for the perfectly fitting pair.

Unbeknownst to her, as she did so, Hongjoong, who was exiting with his sister and parents, couldn't resist looking back at her one last time, a mysterious glint in his eyes, before leaving the venue.