nineteen

The city lights shimmered as Yuna and Hongjoong made their way back to the hotel, sipping on drinks they had picked up along the way

The city lights shimmered as Yuna and Hongjoong made their way back to the hotel, sipping on drinks they had picked up along the way. The night air was filled with a comfortable silence, broken only by the sounds of their footsteps on the pavement.

Suddenly, Yuna tripped on a stone, but before she could stumble, Hongjoong swiftly grabbed her arm, pulling her to him. "Be careful, Princess." he cautioned, a genuine concern in his eyes.

Teasingly, Yuna pulled on a smile, taking a step back. "Ooh, are you worried about me?"

Hongjoong rolled his eyes, "Girl, as if I'll ever be worried about you." Yuna, with a mischievous glint in her eyes, started walking backward in front of him. "Oh, you've never been worried about me?" she questioned.

"No? Why would I be worried about you?" Hongjoong replied nonchalantly.

Yuna hummed and nodded, "Hmmm, that explains the $500 heels you bought me just because I was complaining about mine."

Hongjoong fell silent for a moment, caught off guard. "It's because I pitied you," he finally admitted.

Yuna smiled, walking back beside him, "Pity, huh? Anyway, thanks. It really means a lot."

Hongjoong, lowkey blushing, mumbled, "Don't mention it. How did you know?"

"I passed a note to the waitress," Yuna confessed. Hongjoong, shocked, questioned, "You've known all this time?"

Yuna shrugged casually, "I've been known all this time." Hongjoong let out a breathy laugh, realizing he'd been caught.

Yuna, however, found herself staring at him under the moonlight, admiring his features, his piercings, and everything that made him uniquely Hongjoong.

In that moment, as she got caught up in the beauty of his existence, a sudden realization hit her like a tidal wave.

Fuck.

No. No. Nononono.

The weight of the realization echoed within her, an unspoken acknowledgment that emotions she had tried to suppress were resurfacing.

Yet, in that moment, she simply walked alongside him, the unspoken words lingering in the night air like a delicate secret.

i was listening to so it goes by Taylor while writing this and i just realised it fits them so well