thirteen

Hongjoong led the way through the lavish lobby of the Grand Horizon Hotel, eager to check in and make the most of their first day in the city that never sleeps

As he turned around to share his plan with Yuna, he was met with the sight of her comfortably slouched on a nearby plush couch, engrossed in her phone. With a subtle sigh, he called for her.

"Yuna, ready to check in?" he asked, glancing at the exquisite marble countertops of the check-in desk.

"Yeah, yeah. You go ahead," she replied casually, waving him off as she continued scrolling through her phone.

Undeterred, Hongjoong proceeded to the check-in counter, handling the process smoothly with his adept English. Once finished, he called Yuna again, and they made their way to the elevators.

Inside the sleek, mirrored compartment, Hongjoong, ever the planner, suggested an evening outing to the iconic Central Park.

"Still afternoon. Wanna check out Central Park later?" he proposed, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes.

Yuna, however, stifled a yawn, fatigue from the long flight catching up to her. "I can only think of sleep right now. Jet lag is hitting me hard," she admitted with a sheepish smile.

As they reached Yuna's floor, Hongjoong handed her the room keys, but there was a moment of hesitation. He cleared his throat, attempting to convey something more.

"Well, my room's next to yours, so if you need anything, just..." He trailed off, leaving the sentence unfinished.

Yuna raised an eyebrow, giving him a puzzled look. Without a word, she turned and entered her room, leaving Hongjoong contemplating his awkwardly incomplete sentence outside the door.

The door closed with a soft click, and he shook his head with a small chuckle at his own momentary awkwardness.

central park gives me twisted hate flashbacks