Chapter 27

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It's a sunny day in Kalos when we look at a different perspective today. On a large green meadow near Dendemille Town there is an old windmill with the Pokemon Ranger symbol on the door.

There is a small shelter at the mill where the Ranger Jeep is located. Let's go inside. Inside, on the first level, there is the office, a small kitchen and a bathroom. On the second level are the bedrooms and in the middle is a hole with a sliding bar in it.

This is Sarah and Kate's ranger base, who are currently in the office and working on their computers. Altaria sits on a bird perch, snuggled up in her own feathers, while Haxorus lies curled up in a ball underneath.

Kate hums a quiet tune as she types away on the keyboard. Sarah, on the other hand, bounces her legs up and down as she works on her computer. Music plays from a radio as the two work.

Sarah leans back and stretches. She yawns, gets up and walks towards the kitchen.

Sarah: Do you want a coffee too?

Kate smiles and nods.

Kate: With pleasure.

Sarah pours the two of them a cup of coffee and places a cup on Kate's table before sitting back down in her chair.

Sarah: That reminds me, have you heard what Lincoln and Nick have now?

Kate raises an eyebrow and looks at her friend with a questioning expression.

Sarah: The two of them found a Indeedee here in Kalos some time ago, she now works for them and helps them in the base.

Kate: That's right, Lincoln told me that they found an abandoned Indeedee here in Kalos.

Sarah sighs and falls back, looking up at the ceiling.

Sarah: I wouldn't mind a little help either.

Kate giggles a little with her hand over her mouth.

Kate: Oh come on, we dont need that much help, we can do it alone.

Sarah smiles and raises her fist up in the air.

Sarah: Damn right girl!

At exactly that moment the alarm goes off and the two of them look at the screen with the map of their area. An area on the map where a cave is marked flashes red.

Kate: This is the Frost Cavern.

Sarah sighs and scratches her head.

Sarah: What happened there again?

A cold shiver runs down Kate's spine as she remembers an accident in the cave.

Kate: Hopefully another trainer hasn't been inattentive.

Sarah briefly raises her eyebrow until she remembers what she means.

Sarah: Yeah... let's hope it's not another trainer who got impaled in the stomach by an icicle from above.

The two shake their heads before making their way to the door.

Kate: Altaria come!

Sarah: Let's go Haxorus!

The two Pokemon get up and follow their trainers through the door to the jeep before getting in and driving off. After a few minutes, the two girls notice that they are approaching Frost Cavern. The area is covered with deep snow and the sky is dark as snow falls.

Normally you would need a Mamoswine to get through this area properly, but luckily the ranger's jeep works similarly.

They finally arrive at the cave and stop next to the entrance. The two get out and make sure they don't immediately slip on the ice.