Chapter 17

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Even though it's only been an hour, Indeedee seems to have settled into the base quite a bit. Nick is in the base right now, working on his paperwork. Lincoln and Eevee are outside fixing the racks for the wild Pokemon food bowls. He's hammering some nails into the wood and humming to himself as he hears the snow crunch behind him.

???: Lincoln...

He raises his eyebrow and looks behind him to see Lynn Sr standing behind him. He sighs and goes back to his work.

Lincoln: How can I help you?

Lynn Sr.: I want to talk with you.

Lincoln: Where are the others?

Lynn Sr.: At your mother's, she wanted to show them her new house.

Lincoln: Good. So what do you want to talk about?

He hammers another nail into the wood as Lynn Sr. sighs.

Lynn Sr.: Lincoln I know Jr has gone too far. But don't you think it's a bit exaggerated to ban her from entering the country?

Lincoln stops hammering and sits there for a few seconds without making a sound or moving before he sighs, puts his hammer down and turns to Lynn Sr.

Lincoln: Exaggerated? She managed to break several laws in one day in the region.

Lynn Sr. raises a finger.

Lynn Sr.: In your defense, we had no knowledge of these laws.

Lincoln crosses his arms and gives Lynn Sr. an "are you serious" look.

Lincoln: For your information, laws such as destroying public, private, and government property and animal abuse are also criminal offenses in America.

Lynn Sr. seems about to say something, then thinks for a few seconds and then sighs.

Lynn Sr.: Yes, ok you are right. But come on Lincoln. I know you and your sister have never really seen eye to eye, but that's really going a bit far.

Lincoln: Never seen eye to eye? Yes that is correct. Especially if she always used me as a training dummy. Just so you know, I could have just locked her away, but I'm only giving her a ban on entering the region.

Eevee: Eevee!

Now Lynn Sr. seems to be getting a little angrier.

Lynn Sr.: Lincoln I'm your father! You don't talk to me like that and you don't treat your sisters like that either!

Lincoln rolls his eyes when he hears that.

Lincoln: You're a great father. Always on my sisters' side, don't even listen to me and then punish me. Never spend time with me or punish my sisters in a way that is fair. Let's face it Lynn you're a coward who let his daughters push you around. You stopped being my father when you locked me out of the house at the age of eleven!

Lynn Sr. clenches his fist, which of course Lincoln notices.

Lincoln: If you want to hit me, do it. But remember, I'm an officer in this region, I can have you locked up for this.

The two look at each other seriously. But slowly, Lynn Sr. is shaken by Lincoln's gaze, sighs and walks away from him. Lincoln nods and goes back to work. It wasn't long before the feeding bowls were repaired and Lincoln went back inside to continue working there.

---Timeskip---

The sun is already setting when the group from America are at the station waiting for their train. Lincoln came with Rita, Leni, Lucy, Lily to say goodbye to them.

Albert: Well that's it then. It was really nice to see you all. Especially you Lincoln. And it was nice to meet you too Eevee.

Eevee: Eevee~

Lincoln laughs and hugs his grandfather.

Lincoln: Bye pop pop, we will see each other again. I'm sure of it.

Everyone says goodbye, Leni, Lucy, Lily and Rita hug everyone, but Lincoln... just smiles at them and nods at them. This hurts the group a bit, but they can understand why. You never really tried to apologize to him. But with Lynn Sr. and Lynn, he doesn't even smile, he just shakes his head. At that moment his Xtransceiver rings.

Lincoln: Sorry. I have to go, bye!

He turns and exits the station with Eevee on his shoulder. Once outside, he sighs and takes the call.

Nick: Everything okay?

Lincoln: Yes, thank you for taking part. You've saved me a lot of stress now.

Nick: After getting to know the rest of your family, I'm surprised you even survived to your 11th birthday.

Lincoln sighs and nods.

Lincoln: True...

Eevee: Eevee...

To be continued.

Sorry for the short chapter.