Chapter 19

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

A few days have passed since the gym opened after the winter break. The two rangers are once again sitting at their computers and working on them while Eevee and Swampert are resting in their seats. The two are quite absorbed in their work when someone pulls Nick by his trouser leg.

He looks down and sees Indeedee there with a smile on her face and a tray with two cups of tea on it.

Indeedee: indeedee.

Nick smiles and takes a cup from the tray as he pets her head.

Nick: Thanks Indeedee. You're the best.

She seems very happy about the praise as she jumps in her step and walks over to Lincoln, who also takes his cup and pats her head.

Indeedee: indeedee~

She's happy and goes back into the kitchen as the two rangers look after her with a smile before focusing back on work.

But the peace doesn't last long as an alarm goes off in the base and a red light flashes. The large screen turns on by itself and a video call appears. In the video there is a young woman with short blonde hair that she wears in a short ponytail.

???: To all Ranger Bases near Coumarine City. I am Pokemon Ranger Riza Hawkeye. This morning a cruise liner was attacked off the coast of Coumarine City and is now sinking. Most of the passengers were able to get to safety, but a few are still stuck and we need support.

The two rangers look at each other and nod.

Lincoln: Eevee!

Nick: Swampert!

Eevee jumps onto Lincoln's shoulder while Swampert holds his arms up.

Eevee: Eevee!

Swampert: Swampert!

Nick/Lincoln: Let's go!

The two walk towards the door before turning around again to look at Indeedee, who waves to them, they say goodbye and get into their jeep before speeding off with the siren activated.

They drive through Laverre City with loud sirens, where many people watch them. They also drive past Lucy and a few of her friends.

Girl: Was that your brother Lucy?

Lucy: Yeah, I wonder what happened.

Misdreavus: Misdreavus...

The two have already left the city and are on the road towards Coumarine City.

Nick: Approximately how long will it take us?

Lincoln thinks for a few seconds.

Lincoln: If we can keep going at this speed, maybe three to three and a half hours.

Nick groans in annoyance and bangs on his door.

Nick: Let's hope we can still help.

Some time passes when Nick suddenly hears someone calling him. He looks around the jeep, somewhat confused.

Nick: Did you just say my name?

Lincoln looks at him confused.

Lincoln: No.

He hears it again.

Nick: What the.

He opens the window and looks out before he hears his name from above him.

He looks up and sees Kate's altaria with Kate and Sarah sitting on it.

Sarah: HEY GUYS!!! I THINK YOU GOT THE MESSAGE TOO?!