Chapter 16

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Lincoln and Nick are just getting out of the jeep at the scene of the accident with the bike and trainer. Nick goes straight to the path and takes a closer look at it.

Nick: Well, here the path is a bit icy.

Lincoln kicks the ice a little hard so that it immediately shatters into several pieces.

Lincoln: If it shatters so easily, hardly anyone has ridden a bike over it, and besides, a little bit of ice like that is never going to get you up in a tree.

Nick puts a hand on his chin and nods.

Nick: You are right. Then let's take a closer look around.

The two rangers spend a good thirty minutes looking around the area, but find nothing that would have propelled the trainer up into the tree. Lincoln turns to Eevee, who has just come out of a bush.

Lincoln: Did you find anything Eevee?

She shakes her head sadly.

Eevee: Eevee...

Nick and Swampert approach them and both shake their heads.

Nick: I didn't find anything either.

Swampert: Swam!

Nick: I know Swampert. Anyway, I think it was a Pokemon.

Lincoln nods at hearing that.

Lincoln: Yeah that seems pretty likely. But which one?

Nick: It can't be Bug Pokemon, they hid everywhere for the winter and sleep through it.

Lincoln: Maybe a grass Pokemon, but these actually tend to rest over the winter as well.

Nick: Maybe a ghost Pokemon would fit. They like to play pranks.

Lincoln ponders for a few seconds before nodding in agreement.

Lincoln: Yeah you're right. So shall we look around again?

Nick shakes his head and crosses his arms.

Nick: Does it make sense? The Pokemon responsible for this is probably long gone. huh?

Just as Nick says this, his body is engulfed in a blue energy. He drops his arms and sighs.

Nick: Me and my big mouth...

And so he is slowly lifted upwards. Luckily, Swampert reacts quickly and grabs his trainer's leg so that he doesn't fly any higher.

Lincoln: Everything okay?

Nick: Yeah... just feeling weightless...

Lincoln: This is Psychic. I have an idea.

He presses the Psychic symbol on his bracelet and Eevee evolves into Espeon.

Espeon: Es, Espeon.

Lincoln pets Espeon's head, which it seems to like very much. Meanwhile, Nick stops glowing and lands on top of Swampert.

Nick: Sorry Swampert.

Swampert: Swampert.

The two stand up and Lincoln helps them as he looks at Espeon.

Lincoln: Espeon can you feel where the Psychic came from?

Espeon nods as she also begins to glow briefly. It takes a few seconds before she opens her eyes and stands up.

Espeon: Espeon.

She gets up and goes into the forest, the two rangers and Swampert follow Espeon. It takes a while before they get to a fallen tree, where Espeon stops and looks into the distance. Nick and Lincoln follow suit and look into the distance and are a little shocked by what they see.