Chapter 26

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It's a slightly stormy day in Laverre City, but otherwise fairly calm. The two Pokemon Rangers are once again at their base and working on their computers.

It's a pretty quiet day, so there aren't many calls or reports that the two of them can handle. Lincoln looks up at the clock and raises his eyebrow in some confusion.

Lincoln: Say, Nick.

Nick: Yes?

Lincoln: Did you get a message from the Pokeball factory?

Nick opens some windows and looks for any message from the Pokeball factory, but there is none. Now he's a little suspicious too.

Nick: No.

Lincoln: Unusually, the director is always on time to send us a status report.

Since Team Flare's raid on the power plant, all Ranger bases near an important facility have contacted those facilities so that they receive a status report every day.

Since Lincoln and Nick's base is the closest to the Pokeball factory, they are in contact with the factory's director the same day they received the fax with the news about the situation at the power plant. Since then, the two of them have always received a status report at the same time every day.

The director has stuck to it to this day.

Nick: Already half an hour late.

Lincoln: That's suspicious. He is such a responsible man, something is wrong.

Nick stands up and puts his cap on his head as he looks at Lincoln.

Nick: Come on, let's stop by the factory.

The two rangers and their Pokemon leave the base and get into the jeep. They drive off and after a while arrive at the gate of the Pokemon factory. But the big gate is closed, but the small gate is open.

Lincoln: We probably won't get anywhere with the Jeep for now.

The two get out and see that the little house at the edge of the gates is empty.

Nick: Where's the security guard?

Lincoln: I don't know, Eevee be careful.

Eevee on Lincoln's shoulder nods and rubs her head against Lincoln's cheek. The two enter the Pokeball factory premises through the small pedestrian gate. The path to the factory is overgrown with trees on the side, giving a poor view of the sides of the site.

It's a little too quiet when they hear a female scream. They look ahead and see a young girl running towards the two, she has tanned skin, brown hair that she wears in pigtails and green eyes.

She looks like a trainer but behind her there is a team of Flare Grunt running after her.

Team Flare Grunt: Stand still, you brat!

Nick: Swampert! Hydro pump!

Swampert nods and sends a powerful jet of water at the Team Flare Grunt, who is immediately sent flying backwards into a tree. With a scream, he falls to the ground, soaked and knocked out.

Lincoln looks at Nick and raises an eyebrow, who simply shrugs with a grin.

Nick: What? These guys are Fire type, Water is efficient.

Lincoln grins and walks over to the girl who fell to the ground when she saw the two rangers and their Pokemon. He helps her up.

Lincoln: Are you okay ma'am?