Chapter 20

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It's a sunny and peaceful day. The Ranger base is very quiet, Nick is currently working on his computer and Lincoln is just coming out of the base with Indeedee and Eevee next to him. He carries a sack with him and walks towards the food bowls.

Once there, he tears open the bag and fills the bowls with Pokemon food while Indeedee and Eevee take care of the water trough. He smiles at the two of them as the first Pokemon approach the food bowl.

The first to appear are a few Flying Pokemon, who immediately attack the food. Just as Lincoln closes the half-full bag, he hears two Pokemon arguing.

He looks up and sees two Flechtlings arguing with each other over food. Lincoln quickly walks between the two and pushes them apart.

Lincoln: Hey listen up, both of you!

The two Fletchlings look at him as he holds them apart.

Lincoln: There's enough food for everyone. You don't have to argue. Did you understand that?

The two Flechtlings look at him for a few seconds before looking down sadly.

Lincoln: Now make up, okay?

The two flying Pokemon nod as they go back to eating. Lincoln smiles at the two as he goes back into the base with Indeedee and Eevee. Once there, he sits down at his computer again and continues working.

Nothing happens for a while, but just as the group sits down to eat, an alarm goes off. Nick immediately jumps up and goes to the screen where a red dot keeps flashing.

Nick: A distress call from a trainer in Sector 51.

Lincoln: Then let's get going.

The two rangers and their Pokemon say goodbye to Indeedee and get into their jeep. They drive through the paths in the forest and soon come close to Sector 51. They stop and get out. They walk through the bushes and past the trees, all attentive so as not to be surprised.

It doesn't take long until the two finally arrive in Sector 51, but what they see surprises them. A trainer sits tied to a tree while a man and a woman in a bright red suit, both wearing red sunglasses and having red hair, talk to each other.

Nick whispers to Lincoln, who, like himself, also has a confused look on his face.

Nick: What's with the two red ones?

Lincoln: I don't know, keep an eye on them, Eevee and I save the trainer.

Nick: Got it.

Lincoln sneaks up to the tree with Eevee on his shoulder. The trainer notices him and moves his head to indicate that he should untie the rope.

Lincoln and Eevee arrive at the tree and lean against it.

Lincoln: Quick Eevee, Bite.

Eevee's little teeth start to glow and she starts to bite the rope. But unfortunately, the moment the trainer is freed, the two people dressed in red turn around.

Red Guy: Hey!

Red Girl: What are you doing?!

Lincoln stands up and Eevee jumps in front of him, ready to fight.

Lincoln: I should probably ask that. Why did you tie up the trainer?

Trainer: They stole my Pokemon!

Lincoln's eyes narrow and Eevee begins to growl.

Lincoln: Are you members of Team Rocket... no, that doesn't fit. Who are you?

The man laughs maliciously.