Chapter 18

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Winter is finally over. The snow is melting, the trees and plants are finally starting to bloom again and the Pokemon that slept through the winter are finally waking up.

But the beginning of spring is also the beginning of trainers who have held back a bit for the winter. Lots of Pokemon battles, lots of trainers wanting to get new Pokemon in the forests, lakes and caves.

The beginning of spring is also a time when the Pokemon Rangers have the most to do. It is recommended that new trainers who had their birthday in the winter do not set off on their journey until spring to avoid accidents.

The sun is just rising when Lincoln and Nick's Jeep drives into town. They both still seem a bit sleepy, but not as bad as their Pokemon who are still sleeping in the back seat.

The two drive towards the Laverre City Arena and stop in front of the arena, where a large crowd of trainers has already gathered. The two sigh as they get out and walk towards the crowd, who are chatting amongst themselves the whole time.

Nick: Everyone please make room!

The two and their Pokemon begin pushing through the crowd. Many people probably didn't even hear Nick because it was so loud.

Lincoln: Guys, make room now!

The two of them have finally made it to the front of the arena and turn around to look at the trainers. But before they can say anything, the door behind them opens and a pair of arms pull the two and their Pokemon inside before the door closes again.

Inside, the two lie on the floor and see the Furisode Girls standing above them with Leni a little further back. The two rangers get up, brush themselves off and adjust their hats.

Kali immediately hugs them both.

Kali: Luckily, you're here!

The two pat her on the head as they look at the others.

Lincoln: I guess the trainers are giving you a lot of trouble.

Blossom nods and hides behind her sleeves.

Blossom: Yes, there are so many.

Leni walks towards her brother and puts a hand on her chin.

Leni: Linky, what's going on? Why are there so many trainers here?

Nick: Well Leni, these are all the trainers who arrived here in town when Valerie had her winter break. Now of course everyone wants to challenge her immediately.

Leni: Ah, I see. What do we do now?

Lincoln looks at the Furisode Girls as he pulls Kali off of him.

Lincoln: Valerie got the report, right?

The girls nod as Lincoln reaches into his backpack and pulls out a megaphone.

Nick: Well, let's take care of the trainers now!

He slams his fists together and the two walk through the door. Once outside, most of the trainers still don't seem to notice the two rangers until Lincoln activates the megaphone and shouts inside. Most trainers cover their ears and become quiet quite quickly.

Nick grabs the megaphone and looks pretty serious.

Nick: So now that we have your attention! Let's explain to you how this will work now!

The trainers nod as Nick continues.

Nick: You're going to form a queue now. Then you will come to us so that we can scan your Pokedex. Since there are so many trainers here today, you will first fight in a 1v1 against one of the arena trainers. If you win, you will get a number with which you can fight Valerie.